Topic requests for new videos?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Specs? Not that they matter, I'm just geeky enough to ask.
i7 10700K (16 CPUs, 3.8 GHz)
ASRock Z490 Taichi motherboard (I think that fits this forum)
128 GB RAM DDR4 3200
4 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
8 TB Western Digital Black HDD
AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
3x ACER Predator 24" 1080p gaming monitors

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more important question is why did my post have an ad link added to it? I didn't put that in there.
I do not see an ad link, but Xenforo does sometimes add links like that.

Now back to the important geek stuff!

I'm running an MSI motherboard with an Intel i9 12900KF with 32G 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 with 24GB connected to a 3-pack of Samsung M80B UHD monitor/TVs, a 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD and 26TB external HDD array and Logitech G560 speakers. I use a Logitech trackball, a clicky Razer keyboard, and Razer Kraken headset.
For driving sims, I use a Conquer cockpit with a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter and the new T248X Wheel and pedal setup.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I'm running an MSI motherboard with an Intel i9 12900KF with 32G 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 with 24GB connected to a Samsung M80B UHD monitor/TV, a 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD and 26TB external HDD array and Logitech G560 speakers. I use a Logitech trackball, a clicky Razer keyboard, and Razer Kraken headset.
For driving sims, I use a Conquer cockpit with a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter and the new T248X Wheel and pedal setup.
When I get a bigger place I plan to get a second computer that's dedicated for VR and other simulation type of games.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I posted a couple of videos last week here and here. Based on that, a number of people said they liked my instructional style and asked me to post more videos.

I've been reluctant to put up videos in the past because there are so many people out there putting out instruction who are more qualified than I am, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Ask me a question or suggest a topic you'd like to see video on. If I can't find someone who already explains it better than I can, then I'll do my best to put something together.
Hi Tony,
I was wondering whether you would be willing to post some videos on closed guard sweeps and transitions into butterfly guard. I have some solid foundational sweeps from closed guard, namely the hip bump, scissor sweep, and flower sweep, but I am looking to add something a little more unpredictable or fun. I have also been drilling my butterfly (with just one hook to get into a better habit for more advanced rolls in the future), but I am struggling to create situations where I can end up in butterfly guard, in both gi and no-gi. Thanks!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'm running an MSI motherboard with an Intel i9 12900KF with 32G 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 with 24GB connected to a 3-pack of Samsung M80B UHD monitor/TVs, a 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD and 26TB external HDD array and Logitech G560 speakers. I use a Logitech trackball, a clicky Razer keyboard, and Razer Kraken headset.
Let me say that I don't mind at all, honestly I don't, I give you my word on that. But I might as well have been reading a post written in Swahili. I'm somewhat awed. But I don't understand what I'm awed at.

Sometimes it's tough being from another generation. Then when I realize you are too......oh, F me.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me say that I don't mind at all, honestly I don't, I give you my word on that. But I might as well have been reading a post written in Swahili. I'm somewhat awed. But I don't understand what I'm awed at.

Sometimes it's tough being from another generation. Then when I realize you are too......oh, F me.
I'll translate into English.
I'm a geeky nerd who plays video games and spends too much money on computers.

OP
Tony Dismukes

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please do a side control survival and escape video? I fought in a tournament and lost the championship years ago because I don't understand the concepts of escaping, yes I heard the term framing but I don't ever make enough space. When I go against guys stronger than me if they get me in side control it's a matter of time before they get me. I literally won 3 fights in that tournament and lost to a guy I know I'm a better technical fighter than, but once he got me in side control he was so strong it felt impossible to escape. If you could explain the concepts of framing and survival and escape I'd appreciate it. I want to do another bjj tournament in the future but it's not worth it until I figure this flaw out first.
FYI, I had recorded some material that I was going to try editing together for a new video next week, but I’m going to hold off on that for a while. The reason being, I’ve just started studying some new information on the topic that I think is going to radically change how I teach it. It’s the same underlying concepts as what I currently use, but I’m looking at someone who has found a much more refined and effective way of applying those principles. So I’m going to take a couple of months to intensively test this new approach before I start teaching it.

if you want to check out some of these concepts directly from the source rather than waiting for me to start interpreting them, look up Priit Mihkelson on YouTube. He has a number of full seminar videos on the BJJ Globetrotters channel.

Latest Discussions