Top 10 Favorite Horror Movies

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally I was going to call this top 10 favorite movies, but then I realized something: you can't really compare movies across genres. I mean, look at it this way: I love horror movies and I love comedies, but how can I say that the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is a better movie than MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL? So having said that, you can expect to see a couple lists from me:

Anyhow, this is my list. I was going to put a little description of each movie at first, but I decided against it because if you want to know about any title, you can just ask me or look it up yourself lol.

1) Suspiria
2) Deep Red
3) Dawn of the Dead (original)
4) 28 Days Later
5) Halloween (original)
6) Friday the 13th
7) My Bloody Valentine (original)
8) The Exorcist
9) Zombi
10) The Wicker Man (original)

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would say that the majority of my movie collection is made up of horror movies, I absolutely love them. Putting together a top 10 list is a bit hard, but here goes:

1) Dawn of the Dead
2) The Exorcist
3) Alien
4) The Thing (1981)
5) Halloween
6) Zombie
7) 28 Days Later
8) The Fog (original)
9) Ringu
10) Dawn of the Dead (remake)

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I forgot Carpenter's THING! Maybe my list should go to 11 like a Spinal Tap amp.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I could've went on and on, there are so many decent horror movies out there. Both of the Descent movies could've gone on there as well, House of a Thousand Corpses/The Devil's Rejects also.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could've went on and on, there are so many decent horror movies out there. Both of the Descent movies could've gone on there as well, House of a Thousand Corpses/The Devil's Rejects also.

THE DESCENT was great. So rare to see women as tough survivors in horror movies, other than the typical "final girl" in slasher films. I think my favorite part of the movie was how they subtly hinted at the affair that the husband had with the one woman.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
And you are right...there are so many great ones out there that, depending on the day I ask, the same person could give me a completely different list!

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
THE DESCENT was great. So rare to see women as tough survivors in horror movies, other than the typical "final girl" in slasher films. I think my favorite part of the movie was how they subtly hinted at the affair that the husband had with the one woman.

It was kind of refreshing to see a strong all female cast in the Descent, plus with the side story of the affair really added to everything else going on. Another film that totally forgot that should be talked about is the Evil Dead movies both the original and the remake. I loved the original but the remake was equally as awesome.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
For some reason I wasn't a big remake fan. I hated that one long-haired dude, the one who read the book and started everything. I refer to him as the Hippy That Wouldn't Die, because he took a *****-ton of damage but, annoyingly, kept on living. At least I liked Ash in the original.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For some reason I wasn't a big remake fan. I hated that one long-haired dude, the one who read the book and started everything. I refer to him as the Hippy That Wouldn't Die, because he took a *****-ton of damage but, annoyingly, kept on living. At least I liked Ash in the original.

That was one of the best things about both the original and remake was the amount of damage both Ash and the long haired hippy dude from the remake took. It got to the point that it was comical.

Latest Discussions