Top 100 Greatest Movie Characters (and then some)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm one of those people that just love lists. Got quite a few of my own on various subjects. Love reading others and then compiling my own or at least being inspired to but never getting around to doing... sometimes.
This is a list of the movie Characters that leave their marks on us long after we walk out of the theater or put away the DVD.
I think many of the selections are good ones... some I can't say because I haven't seen the film ... yet. As for the rest... well like the article says... anytime anyone compiles a list, they're begging for an argument.

What better place than to do it here? :uhyeah:
Oh fair warning... not all those listed appear... some take a while to load and some don't load at all. I normally went back and skipped on to the next one. Just FYI

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/empire-100-movie-characters.html

Who Was Overlooked in the '100 Greatest Movie Character' List? by Jonathan Crow  
pseudoblog_whitedot.gif
  December 2, 2008

Any time anyone compiles a "Best of" list they are practically begging for an argument. And British movie magazine Empire has thrown down the gauntlet by releasing its list of the 100 greatest movie characters of all time. Here are their choices for the top 25:
(list edited)

10. Vito Corleone (The Godfather I & II)
9. Ellen Ripley (Alien quadrology)
8. Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy)
7. The Dude (The Big Lebowski)
6. Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones series)
5. Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
4. Han Solo (Star Wars trilogy)
3. The Joker (The Dark Knight)
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars series)
1. Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
See the full list >>
And then some... 25 over looked movie characters that should've been on the list... agree or disagree?
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/1282/25-overlooked-great-movie-characters#photo0

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't go through the comlete list but I assume Lucky Jackson is on there somewhere.
icon12.gif

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
How could Severus Snape as played by Alan Rickman NOT make the top 10??

Latest Discussions