Movie Remakes

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
icon10.gif

After the Bill and Ted stuff and the surfing movie with Swayze, I just can't buy him-lol.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Apparently for all the billions of dollars we throw at them, there is not a single worthwhile new idea in Hollywood. The next strike ought to be held by US, the movie and TV viewers. We ought to boycott movies, TV shows and their sponsors until Hollywood starts putting out a product worth viewing.
Screw Hollywood! Read a book!
That'd be nice if we could get millions of movie lovers to do that. Likewise to stop buying DVD's for a week (too bad not before Christmas ... maybe 2009?) that should send a message.

Then again we could do it to Washington as well.

Could start a (on-line) petition and try to encourage folks from NOT going to the movies... best time (and the most difficult) would be just before the Summer Season which is a good moneymaking period for all of Hollywood... :idunno: Got to see if enough people care.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of the best films coming out are the Lower Budget and Indie films, plus a lot of foriegn films. If we could get more people to support those and fewer to support Hollywood we would see a shift, I am sure.

I'll reccomend a pair of Korean Films that are so worth checking out...

The First is "Attack the Gas Station" a dramatic comedy about a group of bored, disfranchised youth who attempt to rob a gas station but since there is no money wind up working there instead...

The second is a "Blade Runner" clone (same basic premise, NOT a remake) that I feel BLOWS blade runner out of the water (and not because of the high tech graphics and stuff, it's just well made) called "Natural City"

Latest Discussions