Too old for boxing?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on this forum and my first question is :
I am 18 , am I too old to start boxing? Next thing is my body I am really tall about 195cm but I am really skinny guy I weight only around 67 kg I think I am too weak. I used to do karate when I was younger it was fun but I always wanted to become boxer since I saw Rocky as a kid .This summer I am in London so I was thinking that I could take some lessons and then continue at my country.

Ps: Sry for bad english I am from Slovakia.
Leaving the to old but alone,boxing more than most arts, prioritizes fitness and strength a good boxing gym will have you super fit and very strong in next to no time, your no use at all in a boxing ring if you can't at least match the other guy for strength( unless your super fast that is)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Leaving the to old but alone,boxing more than most arts, prioritizes fitness and strength a good boxing gym will have you super fit and very strong in next to no time, your no use at all in a boxing ring if you can't at least match the other guy for strength( unless your super fast that is)
And there’s not much room for BS in boxing. Getting into the ring, even just to spar, leaves very little to the imagination. No death blows that are too deadly to use against your opponents.