Too Late Now

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's similar here, perhaps not quite as bad. But uncontrolled immigration can be totally disruptive, especially when the new arrivals expect to live their old lifestyle. IMO, if they want to do that, they should not have left their original abode. This is not in any way saying immigration is undesirable. Just that it needs to be properly managed. :asian:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's similar here, perhaps not quite as bad. But uncontrolled immigration can be totally disruptive, especially when the new arrivals expect to live their old lifestyle. IMO, if they want to do that, they should not have left their original abode. This is not in any way saying immigration is undesirable. Just that it needs to be properly managed. :asian:
Just had a friend of mine move down your way last week. He and his family will be there for 3 years. I hope to come visit him next year some time.

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think everyone have a right of a better life. But very often happens that some people come from a comepletelly alien culture, don’t put any effort to integrate or at least to gain some understanding of their host culture. And they later scream of racism when someone complains about the several goats they are keeping in their back yard and complain how bigoted people were here. In the same time if you go to their native culture you could be flogged or stoned or whatever if you hold hands with a woman in public. Hypocrisy…. ( the part with the goats actually happened to a friend of mine)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just had a friend of mine move down your way last week. He and his family will be there for 3 years. I hope to come visit him next year some time.
Where is he moving to and is he into MAs? Maybe we can meet up.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alice springs and no he wasn't much of a martial arts guy.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone have a right of a better life. But very often happens that some people come from a comepletelly alien culture, don’t put any effort to integrate or at least to gain some understanding of their host culture. And they later scream of racism when someone complains about the several goats they are keeping in their back yard and complain how bigoted people were here. In the same time if you go to their native culture you could be flogged or stoned or whatever if you hold hands with a woman in public. Hypocrisy…. ( the part with the goats actually happened to a friend of mine)

Milliband was talking about the Poles, Hungarians and Czechs, fellow Europeans, they don't tend to keep goats in the garden nor are they an alien culture, far from it which means it's very easy for them to move here and work. They are often skilled workers and have a reputation here of being good at their jobs which is another problem in that people prefer Polish builders etc to British ones. They also rarely complain about prejudice. However many have gone back to their own countries with the economic downturn making things harder here. Many never intended to stay permanently.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/06/uk-polish-migrants-lost-jobs-and-hope

The other side of the coin is all the Brits who have gone to live in Spain, Portugal and France, it makes me laugh when they say they are leaving the UK because of immigration has gone to far in the UK then they promptly emigrate to another country becoming immigrants themselves and incurring the locals prejudice!

I think the Labour Party is playing a game, they know that the European immigration isn't such a large problem as immigrants from outside the EU so by being 'honest' about this issue they are trying to show how open they are about mistakes etc, the real issues aren't being discussed at all, just something that happened a while ago.