Probationary Black Belt ???????????

B

BlackIce

That is a good idea I may make it 300 hrs. or something like that. I use my studio and tournament team as outreach programs for the young people in my community. We even offer a " scholarship program " for our financially dis-advantaged students also. I do my part to give back. Thank Everyone for your honest and critical imput. This a new criteria being added to our cirriculum. I will regroup and make all the suggested corrections.

Kenpo Salute
Tyrone Tablada​

OP
Kenpojujitsu3

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
3600hrs? Not sure about your "rural functionally illiterate area'" as you called it. But here the kids will be quick to ask a kid who has achieved that belt already 'How many hours did you do?' And when that kid answers "96hrs" the first kid would ask the teacher "Why do I have to do 3600hrs when student X over there only did 96?" You need to give the kids a little more credit. The functionally illiterate comment seems kind of off, or just downright saying your students are too dumb to do the math. But I may have taken that part the wrong way, being functionally literate and all. At any rate we had a school over here get shut down for the whole "student hours" requirement fiasco. You definitely want to look up information on that topic to avoid a senseless lawsuit or shutdown. The kids may not be smart enough to do math, but eventually one of the parents will be smart enough to make the phone call.

B

BlackIce

85% of the adult popuplation in my community functions on a 3rd to 6th grade Education Level. Most of the county is comprised of Farms. Nothing negative or disrespectful was ment just a figure putout by The Goergia Department of Education. I want my studio to inspire ny students to braoden their horizons.... Like The Green Belt Pledge states.

Latest Discussions