TKD vs Kung fu

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
2 extremely detailed things that my expert eye caught. Ya Im trying to sound pompous, its a joke.

Watch closely on the end of the 1st TKDists attack combo, he ends his combo chase with a spinning hook kick, it was out of range, HOWEVER, the monk did not have his hands up in time AND he DUCKED TOO LATE. Watch carefully, if he had been a few inches closer it would have scored, the monks reaction was just a tad too slow at that one instance.

Next, on the monks attack run, his spinning hook kick was right on target... however the TKDist dodged the head shot barely, but still, I was impressed with his reflexes, a dodge is a dodge and it was right on time but that monk was dead on target and range. BUT his follow up in the combo run was way out of range and if you look at the TKDist he doesn't even dodge, he is simply backing up because he knows the monk is just letting loose at air, but that first spinning hook kick was very good.

Not saying there was a winner, to me something has to land at least once for a winner, I dont care about aggressors. But pointing out 2 things that I feel better demonstrate the true skill of both fighters.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
evenflow1121 said:
I really hate to be the bearer of controversy but from my perspective it seemed like the Shaolin Monk was simply playing with the TKD guy. If anything the Monk was mostly defensive through the whole ordeal. Of course I dont want anyone to misinterpret this as a one system is better than another I respect all systems and think that they are all equally worthy. However in this specific instance it seemed to me that the Shaolin guy was just playing with the TKD guy.

I gotta agree with you on this one.
It would have been nice to see some offensive from him.

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Great video! Both martial artists demonstrated control and great technique. Ref. the monks style, possibly Snake, judging from the hand positioning?

Pax
Cujo

K

kwang gae

This video's been around for quite a while, and I believe it's been discussed here and I know it's been discussed on other MA forums before. I bring that up because the general consensus is that it's a demo, not a match, which is of course why they're not making contact. :D