MMA vs Boxing vs Kung Fu vs My Rambling

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
How difficult is it to land a solid shot? I still remember back in those boxing days that both boxers went through 15 rounds and nobody could knock the other person down.

IMO, to take your opponent down can be 5 times easier than to knock your opponent down.

photo url
Throw them if you prefer it. That's the beauty of Muay Thai, it's allowed.

If you prefer to throw, I would think of using the release, pull or throw, as a back up, incase you are not able to complete the throw. A counter, to the counter, to the counter.

Last edited:
OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Teeps probably. Which I don't generally do in sparring because they are just nasty business.

Even if you do them to the body and at less than 50% power? Nevermind you are talking about kicking someone in the face as the response to my question.

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
1668134627810.png

Chin Shifu "David Chin".

lama hop gar, a friend of mine

...met him when I was young teenager practicing Tibetan white crane. a sister style to the hop gar....
Much later connected with him, seeking his thoughts on some things I was working on...

Chin shifu coaching some of his students

Last edited:
OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
View attachment 29287

Chin Shifu "David Chin".

lama hop gar, was a good friend of mine

...met him when I was young practicing Tibetan white crane. a sister style to the hop gar...Some of the training...
some of his training with students...

I really like that. The eyes and smile say alot. I don't think I've seen a fraud smile like that. I wish more teachers would share that of interaction. I want to spar with one of my teachers and many saw it as if I was insulting the teacher. To me it was an opportunity to have a once in a life time chance. To experience kung fu. I'm happy to see video like this.

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
All the teachers I've met in my time, let people taste their method....
All taught CMA,,,for usage....

Last edited:

Latest Discussions