TKD Story

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
A TKD person Boxer and Judoka walking together and see 3 thugs attack a guy. They are about to help, but The guy uses a hip throw to take out one attacker and Judoka says "Nice Technique". Before they jump in, intended victim deftly ducks a punch and takes out the next attacker with a hook punch to the jaw and boxer says "Nice Technique". Then intended victim does a spinning hook kick to the last attacker's head and knocks him out . TKD person says "Hand position bad, foot position wrong..."

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was walking down a bridge when I saw someone about to jump off. I hadn't done my good deed yet for the day, so I decided to save him. "Don't jump! There's so much to live for!"

"What is there to live for?" he asked.

"You just need to find a community that loves you," I said. "For example, I do martial arts, and my gym is like my family."

"Hey, I do martial arts too! Do you like striking or grappling?"

"I like striking arts," I said.

"Me too! Do you like traditional arts or modern arts?"

"I do traditional style," I said.

"So do I! What art do you take?"

"I do Taekwondo."

"No way, me too! Do you do Kukkiwon or ITF Taekwondo?" he asked.

"Kukkiwon."

"Wow, we have so much in common. What was your favorite form?"

"I really like Taegeuk 7."

"Oh, we did the Palgwes at my school."

It was at that point that I decided to push him off the bridge.

(The above is a joke and please don't assume I actually did this).

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just in case you missed the joke, it's a play on words. TKD is known for their feet, and you want your opponent to suffer defeat. The joke comes across better when said out loud.
I think he was making another joke.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think he was making another joke.
Yes I got the joke about da feet. My joke about the Korean word for Karate comes from a former Master who sometimes got frustrated when people would call his taekwondo school and ask about karate lessons.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes I got the joke about da feet. My joke about the Korean word for Karate comes from a former Master who sometimes got frustrated when people would call his taekwondo school and ask about karate lessons.
Could have been worse. Saw a shirt at a TKD tournament that said "Karate is for people who can't do TKD".

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Back when I had first started Taekwondo, I went to a local tournament to watch. The officiator came up to me and said that one of the competitors had dropped out, and they needed me to step in and take his place.

"But I've only just started and I don't even know the rules."

"Great news! We also had a ref drop out..."

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A TKD person Boxer and Judoka walking together and see 3 thugs attack a guy. They are about to help, but The guy uses a hip throw to take out one attacker and Judoka says "Nice Technique". Before they jump in, intended victim deftly ducks a punch and takes out the next attacker with a hook punch to the jaw and boxer says "Nice Technique". Then intended victim does a spinning hook kick to the last attacker's head and knocks him out . TKD person says "Hand position bad, foot position wrong..."
I told this to my BJJ/Muay Thai coach, and replaced Judo and boxing with BJJ and mauy thai.

Latest Discussions