TKD Great S. Henry Cho Passed Away

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
His All-American Open was one of the annual highlights of my childhood and teens. A truly kind and polite man.

78, and one day before the 47th All American Open.

Not sad at his passing. Just glad he was here. :asian:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sigh. I met him as a young man. All my heroes are passing on.

May he rest in peace.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He was a true pioneer in American martial arts and he will be sadly missed. Many blessings to his family and students.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I met him back around 1965-66 when he was traveling with the Wide World of Sports show. He seemed humble but very good. I saw him jump through the arms of several people to break a board. Impressive. But what really impressed me about him was his speed.

May God bless his family.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel very sad, we lost one of the best taekwondoings of all time, Mr.Cho is sucha legend, we are gpoing to miss him a lot, he was an imprsive but a humble man at once.

Manny

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
His book Korean Karate was pretty good, considering that it was written in the sixties. Not everything was relevant, but his sparring strategies were definitely on the right track, especially if you had little or no sparring instruction. Perhaps that is why it sold so many copies.

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
RIP, sad to see these great masters pass on, but good to see the legacy they leave behind.