A serious question about Martial Arts and sex appeal.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think women, like most people, like feeling safe and secure. If a guy doesn't project the ability to provide safety and security it's a major turn off. I don't think a guy has to be a martial arts master or a body builder, just possess courage, strength, and dignity. Violence is also a turn off (usually).

I have met a few women who find bad boys appealing but they are obviously mental and should be avoided.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To me, this is not high school that girls fall over head and heels for guys with particular talent. I actually gone through in a different way when I was in HS. I was in the pop band and I had a little name, on tv and performed in concert, yes, girls attracted to that. Believe me, in college, it's GONE, people grow up!!! That's part of the reason I got into music and part why I quit in the late 70s and actually find my true passion without thinking of getting approval.

My passion of my life is electronics, designing, build and all. 30 years in career of electronics, became manager of engineering, retired and still designing very high end hifi amplifiers at home. I don't even think about impressing people, in fact, my wife thought I make a mess in a room!!! No interested in selling or do anything with it, just is my passion. Last year before I picked up stick fight, I spent 7 months learning C++ computer programming, I studied one book from cover to cover. I don't need it, not impressing anyone, all started because my grandson which is a CS major in college said he need some motivation!!! I told him how about grandpa nipping at his heel!!!

Don't do anything to impress people.

Back to MA vs women, obviously if you are into MA, your body will look better than if you don't exercise. That's part of the attractiveness. Just leave it at that.

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
shoe on the other foot,.. i like intelligent women. If she´s sporty is not that important. always tried to stay in decent shape and most women who are worth anything do not mind if you´re a Bodybuilding God or not. I mean i worked as a trainer in Gyms and got offers here and there. Never did it though..too much stress at work.
I never had a big muscle body but did have a decent physique. was bigger guys than me training in the Gym.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
shoe on the other foot,.. i like intelligent women. If she´s sporty is not that important. always tried to stay in decent shape and most women who are worth anything do not mind if you´re a Bodybuilding God or not. I mean i worked as a trainer in Gyms and got offers here and there. Never did it though..too much stress at work.
I never had a big muscle body but did have a decent physique. was bigger guys than me training in the Gym.
I am married for 35 years and still is, never even think anything of this. But I guess if I am single and I got "offers", why not!!! :). But I won't put in any effort for that.

Ha ha, my passion don't attract women, even if a woman is attracted to this kind of geeky stuff(electronics), you might not want her!!! :D:D:p🤣

caped crusader

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am married for 35 years and still is, never even think anything of this. But I guess if I am single and I got "offers", why not!!! :). But I won't put in any effort for that.

Ha ha, my passion don't attract women, even if a woman is attracted to this kind of geeky stuff(electronics), you might not want her!!! :D:D:p🤣
Alan ... i saw a couple of trainers who had their jollies with the gym members and one Gym i worked at i was even harassed from a female who worked in our office. Do not get me wrong she was a Bubbly blond & good looking but was trouble. was married with a lover who trained in the gym. I mean she asked me to go in the sauna with her & this guy. Other situations asking me to drive her home touching my thigh as i was driving. it got annoying. A lot of middle aged women really told me some private things too...was funny at times but also sad.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Alan ... i saw a couple of trainers who had their jollies with the gym members and one Gym i worked at i was even harassed from a female who worked in our office. Do not get me wrong she was a Bubbly blond & good looking but was trouble. was married with a lover who trained in the gym. I mean she asked me to go in the sauna with her & this guy. Other situations asking me to drive her home touching my thigh as i was driving. it got annoying. A lot of middle aged women really told me some private things too...was funny at times but also sad.
Good for you!!!

ThatOneCanadian

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just have a positive outlook on life, be somewhat well-spoken, and don't be out of shape and 99% of people will like you, some of which might be a potential partner. In my experience, I have had the most success when I have met those three criteria.

Sub Zero

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To me, this is not high school that girls fall over head and heels for guys with particular talent. I actually gone through in a different way when I was in HS. I was in the pop band and I had a little name, on tv and performed in concert, yes, girls attracted to that. Believe me, in college, it's GONE, people grow up!!! That's part of the reason I got into music and part why I quit in the late 70s and actually find my true passion without thinking of getting approval.

My passion of my life is electronics, designing, build and all. 30 years in career of electronics, became manager of engineering, retired and still designing very high end hifi amplifiers at home. I don't even think about impressing people, in fact, my wife thought I make a mess in a room!!! No interested in selling or do anything with it, just is my passion. Last year before I picked up stick fight, I spent 7 months learning C++ computer programming, I studied one book from cover to cover. I don't need it, not impressing anyone, all started because my grandson which is a CS major in college said he need some motivation!!! I told him how about grandpa nipping at his heel!!!

Don't do anything to impress people.

Back to MA vs women, obviously if you are into MA, your body will look better than if you don't exercise. That's part of the attractiveness. Just leave it at that.
Generally this. The other caveat is girls have to have passion for the subject material ie; if they're really into music they will go for a musician; if they're into acting/theatre they'll go for an actor; if they're into martial arts they'll go for a martial artist just because of it. If a woman isn't that passionate about movies she won't date a guy JUST because of that. She may date him for other reason but it acting isn't what drew her to him. Whereas if the same girl was a music junkie she would approach a musician in a band initially because of his thing.

And also the girl has to have some attraction to him from the get go. If she didn't like skinny emo guys, preferring instead large football type athletes because she feels safer around him, more times than not she won't change her mind about him because of it. Unless he's rich and famous.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Crazy topic!
Being closer to 70 than 60, yes, MA training has given me a level of fitness that most my age simply don’t have. Some women find that attractive. I had a much young woman that recently stated out of the blue “you move really well”. I was just walking across her living room. Funny.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Crazy topic!
Being closer to 70 than 60, yes, MA training has given me a level of fitness that most my age simply don’t have. Some women find that attractive. I had a much young woman that recently stated out of the blue “you move really well”. I was just walking across her living room. Funny.

Yeah. Just walking through the living room.

Latest Discussions