TKD gear on your Christmas wishlist

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sparring gear, DVD's, books, weapons, training bag, etc.

What special thing do ya want Santa to bring you?

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One that was on my list is already on the way, Wavemaster XXL.

I would like the big Hapkido Book that I have seen around my Dojang, new sparring gear, Jang Bong would be nice too. A nice Korean Sword would be nice too, but too much money.

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pretty much everything that's been mentioned (except for more students :)). I've been trying to get my sparring gear for months, now, but it just hasn't been happening. My fiancee told me she'll get it for me in January, but we'll see. The one other thing I would love would be a copy of the 14 volume Encyclopedia of Taekwon-do: The Korean Art of Self Defense.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not gear, but Santa (and a friend) brought Prof Jung, Kuk Hyun to MI several weeks ago. I got a chance to work out a little, socialize a little, and learn a lot. Prof Jung was the 88 Olympic gold medallist from Korea. He has a book on kyorugi (sparring), a dvd series on same subject, and he was the model for the original WTF Standard DVD poomsae set. Really nice guy...and he's Chung Do Kwan too! :)

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My teacher will be visiting me. That's the best gift I can get since he's bound to want to see my current technique and have lots of criticism for me to take away. I can't wait for my students to meet him, either. This is a bigger deal than it sounds since my teacher lives on the West Coast and I'm in Texas, and he's not a Christian so he usually doesn't do anything special around the Christmas/Hannukah season.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My teacher will be visiting me. That's the best gift I can get since he's bound to want to see my current technique and have lots of criticism for me to take away. I can't wait for my students to meet him, either. This is a bigger deal than it sounds since my teacher lives on the West Coast and I'm in Texas, and he's not a Christian so he usually doesn't do anything special around the Christmas/Hannukah season.

Where in Texas DA, I am in Arlington, Just curious to wht we have not ever meet.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My kids are chipping in to get me the new Olympic-style wrap-around chest protector, plus a set of the new WTF TKD fingerless gloves. I'm hoping to get the book "The Taegeuk Cipher" after Christmas, hopefully when it is available from more suppliers (so I can buy it from my own store ;) )

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Where in Texas DA, I am in Arlington, Just curious to wht we have not ever meet.

I live in Austin. I travel frequently for business though. It's not suprising we've not met since I'm not really active in MA circles, much less the TKD tournament circuit. Would be nice to see each other in person someday, though. I'd be curious to learn a bit more about the Okinawan karate your dad taught you.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live in Austin. I travel frequently for business though. It's not suprising we've not met since I'm not really active in MA circles, much less the TKD tournament circuit. Would be nice to see each other in person someday, though. I'd be curious to learn a bit more about the Okinawan karate your dad taught you.

Anytime stop by, I will be in Austin in February for a tournament and maybe we can meet.

level7

Orange Belt
Reaction score
From the wifey:
I got 2 books, one on teaching kids MA (black belt something or other) and Ultimate flexibilty.

Strong arm attachement and kicking target attachment for my punching bag.

Nike gi (for a black belt LOL). I will save it for when I turn into a blackbelt, if that happens. Its pretty nice.

Stuffed Taekwondo daddy bear

I gave my daughter a kicking target as a stocking stuffer.
My wife gave my daughter the matching stuffed Taekwondo daughter bear.

I think Taekwondo was the theme this year.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My son got me the Addidas new style WTF-approved wrap-around reversible red/blue chest protector and new forearm guards.

I am wearing them right now while putting the glazed ham in the oven and preparing the beans and potatoes. :cool:

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My son got me the Addidas new style WTF-approved wrap-around reversible red/blue chest protector and new forearm guards.

I am wearing them right now while putting the glazed ham in the oven and preparing the beans and potatoes. :cool:

Way to be always prepared for the sparring at anytime.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Excellent!

level7

Orange Belt
Reaction score

That is so funny! Watch that ham, its got a mean hook kick. I'll bet it protects you pretty good from spattering too.

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I bought black sparring gear before Christmas and got the black (student) stripes put on my uniforms

Santa brought me:
Human Weapon DVD set

Loved that show on the History Channel (was only on for 1 season)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Get a nice headshot on that ham! Sounds like nice gear!! And Merry Christmas!!

Daniel

Latest Discussions