Recommend me a duffle bag

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have 2 uniforms (one form when I'm instructing, one for when I'm a student), sparring gear, and TKD shoes. I also need to be able to hold a water bottle, as well as a place for my EDC (wallet, keys, phone, etc). Later on, I'll be getting weapons (sword, knife, nunchuka) that I will need to store as well. Extra storage for other things would also be nice.

Currently I have a bag with a main compartment, a smaller compartment on either end, and a small pocket in the side for my zipper. It's around 28" x 15" x 13". I'm looking for something a lot bigger, but the only ones I find that are bigger are single compartment bags.

Can someone recommend me a good bag to hold all the stuff that I need it to? Preferably something:
*Available online
*Without rollers
*With a handle and a shoulder strap
*With lots of compartments (water bottle holder and/or shoe compartment a bonus)
*Semi-rigid
*Much bigger than what I have now

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks great, but I was hoping for something bigger. Maybe a few inches wider/taller, and about 10" or more longer.

Worst case scenario I may use a backpack and duffel, but I want a single bag for TKD.

evelbug

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a hockey bag that will fit all your stuff. I'd suggest going to a sporting good store and seeing what they have there. I hate ordering bags from a catalog or internet. I'm a horrible judge of size without seeing it in person.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Military surplus. I got a duffle from them that measures 30x50. I can pack 76lbs of SCUBA gear in it with room to spare. They also have smaller ones. Very tough.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
For gi bag got mine from sports store plain sports duffle dag with several sides, for weapons i keep them in a separate bag (weapon bag) separate for all my weapons
And they both have shoulder straps so i can just put the bags both on my shoulder and still have empty hands case I need to open the door or hold something else

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How big, exactly are you looking for? I've got this one, and because it has straps to hold the chest protector on the outside of the bag, it's actually big enough for sparring gear, a couple of uniforms, chucks, knife, water and shoes. You couldn't fit a sword, but I think I'd put that seperately anyway so it doesn't break. It's not very rigid, though, and while it has 4 compartments on the outside of the bag, it's all one compartment on the inside, so that may not meet your needs.

Here's a link to some different sword bags, also: Kendo Shinai Bag and Cases

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I found a near perfect one on - get this - dufflebags.com

I've learned recently that if you want to buy something, something.com is usually a good starting point.

Latest Discussions