This crap just pisses me off.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is almost funny if it wasn`t for the fact it is how things work in some deeply disturbed minds.
http://www.chick.com/articles/dnd.asp

This guy for a fact believes that the spells you cast in the game works! If you play a wizard you will become a real world magician. Holy ****! I played a Warlock for years before hanging up my dice bag, perhaps I still posess the skills to summon up demons from the great Abyss? After work I will have to draw the mystic circle on the floor of my apartment and light the candles......
magic.gif
thumb_3422_image1_gobblit-money-monster-1.jpg

Oh good grief!! that is an amazing article and what a load of old cobblers!
Real satanic rituals eh, so how come none of it works then lol? if this guy was really into satanism before he became a Christian he should know that all that chanting and stuff is just a load of rubbish!
The worst you could say against people into D&D is what you could say about any of us that are into hobbies/sports/interests. How many wives have complained about 'golfing' husbands, how many chess players have their thoughts on tactics, games etc, football/cricket/baseball fans eagerly awaiting their next 'fix' of their 'love/obsession' and I shan't even get started on martial artists lol!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is almost funny if it wasn`t for the fact it is how things work in some deeply disturbed minds.
http://www.chick.com/articles/dnd.asp

This guy for a fact believes that the spells you cast in the game works! If you play a wizard you will become a real world magician. Holy ****! I played a Warlock for years before hanging up my dice bag, perhaps I still posess the skills to summon up demons from the great Abyss? After work I will have to draw the mystic circle on the floor of my apartment and light the candles......
magic.gif
thumb_3422_image1_gobblit-money-monster-1.jpg

Offhand, I'd say the guy is victim of demonic possession... and unfortunately for him, the demon who decided to possess him has an IQ in the low 70s or something!

Oh good grief!! that is an amazing article and what a load of old cobblers!
Real satanic rituals eh, so how come none of it works then lol? if this guy was really into satanism before he became a Christian he should know that all that chanting and stuff is just a load of rubbish!
The worst you could say against people into D&D is what you could say about any of us that are into hobbies/sports/interests. How many wives have complained about 'golfing' husbands, how many chess players have their thoughts on tactics, games etc, football/cricket/baseball fans eagerly awaiting their next 'fix' of their 'love/obsession' and I shan't even get started on martial artists lol!

Too true, and too funny! :lol:

But wine bores have to be the absolute worst....

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Offhand, I'd say the guy is victim of demonic possession... and unfortunately for him, the demon who decided to possess him has an IQ in the low 70s or something!

Too true, and too funny! :lol:

Now lets not give the intellectually challneegd a bad rep. All the guys I work with with IQ's below 70 show better judhement and rationality than that dude! :D

Peace,
Erik

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was going to go there but the reality is that there are some really cool protestants and some really ignorant catholics out there. You're right, though. For the most part it's really not the religion itself, it's the all to often negative way in which people embrace it.

To answer this the Catholic is the one who reads Harry Potter and played D&D. The other.... well lets just say I stay away from him as much as possible because I don't want him preaching to me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only concerns about teenagers playing any sort of fantasy game would be that they were staying up too late at night, not doing homework and getting too involved....what do you mean that's what teenagers have always done lol!
I can see a use for fantasy games for teenagers especially, it helps hone decision making, no decision they make in a game is going to have real consequences that can hurt them, they learn to use their imaginations, most still want to be the 'goodie' and if you want to be a baddie better to act it out in a game than in real life. Hands up honestly who hasn't thought about 'taking out' or having revenge on someone who has hurt us? Even thought it out how we were going to do it and for the most part that was enough?
Anything in this world can be put to an evil use if you are so minded. wasn't there a cheerleader's mother who murdered so her daughter would progress or something? that makes cheerleading the path to the devil right?
These people have real evil going on under their noses, poverty, child abuse, crime etc and they are chasing phantoms.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Think I posted this in the Study a year or so ago, due to a similar thread, but it bears repeating as another example of such idiocy. I was part of a drum circle in New York outside of Rochester, and circle filled with a variety of people, maybe a half of them pagans. Well, they had a food drive, and canned goods/dry goods were brought in to be donated, and the charity that the goods were supposed to go to refused them. Why? Because of the circle's connection to paganism. Can't let poor, hungry people eat food donated by sinners, no sir, won't allow it.

Seriously? You would rather people go hungry? WTF?

Andrew

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
-Think I posted this in the Study a year or so ago, due to a similar thread, but it bears repeating as another example of such idiocy. I was part of a drum circle in New York outside of Rochester, and circle filled with a variety of people, maybe a half of them pagans. Well, they had a food drive, and canned goods/dry goods were brought in to be donated, and the charity that the goods were supposed to go to refused them. Why? Because of the circle's connection to paganism. Can't let poor, hungry people eat food donated by sinners, no sir, won't allow it.

Seriously? You would rather people go hungry? WTF?

Andrew

Your evil pagen spirits corrupted the food and if those homeless folks were to eat them then they'd be possessed by your evil pagen ways.

Sheesh...I can't believe I have to explain this stuff! Don't they teach you anything in school these days!?

:iws: LOL

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The worst you could say against people into D&D is what you could say about any of us that are into hobbies/sports/interests.

Fantasy Football = Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the guys who played dungeons and dragons.

And FWIW... that Article is a load of crap... NONE of the early editions of Dungeons and dragons had any kind of "authentic" spellcasting in them... just names of spells, their effects in the game, and whether they required components to cast. I have read a lot of Satanic, Pagan, and Hermetic magic and rituals, and D&D falls WAYYYY short of the details and "realism" of what is done in any of those "Real" magic arts. Its BS fed to followers who have no knowledge of those rituals and/or the game mechanics of D&D.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Oi! Be careful who you're looking at when you say things like that :lol:. {Evil Whisper} Especially considering I have both a 19th level M.U. and a 17th level Illusionist at my finger tips {/whipser} BWAH HA HA HA!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oi! Be careful who you're looking at when you say things like that :lol:. {Evil Whisper} Especially considering I have both a 19th level M.U. and a 17th level Illusionist at my finger tips {/whipser} BWAH HA HA HA!

Alas, I speak as one who has been... only on occasion, mind... possibly guilty of that infraction. It gradually came to me that people aren't exactly desperate to learn the difference between Oregon pinot noirs vs. those from Monterey vs. those from the Côte de Beaune. I had a revelation, abandoned the sins of my monomaniac past, and am here to tell the tale. :angel:

But, on the OP topic, I find people who live in that obsessive box of fear and loathing about sin and demonic terror and so on to be the scariest people in the world. Because everything is filtered through the lens of that particular fixed idea. No contrary or balancing information can creep in, because the basic premises adopted are taken to be absolutely true at the threshold, so everything that might correct their narrow viewpoint is dismissed. I gotta say, the distinction between this kind of collective attitude on the one hand and the characteristics of mental illness on the other is very fine... just try convincing a clinical paranoiac that s/he isn't getting messages from ominous infernal sources transmitted by radio waves to their brains via their dental fillings. I see very little difference between this cult-level preoccupation with the imaginary dangers of role-playing games, on the one hand, and what I've heard from genuine nutters while visiting someone I was once close to in a mental hospital in Victoria back in the early 1980s.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't help thinking that for these people it must be like living back in the Dark Ages where you feared things you didn't understand as being demonic and you were scared of upsetting G-d (or the gods) in case they punished you with storms or illnesses etc. To live in such fear must be crippling.
The best way to 'convert' people to your way of thinking or living is to live a life that draws admiration, where people can see you are good and do only good and are happy in that. Then people will want to emulate you.
For example,when you see people with long happy mariages you think that you would like that too and you try harder yourself. You listen to their advice on making marriage work. Screaming and shouting, condemning people as sinners will never work.
Far better these people went out into the places where people need real help, food, love, kindness, education etc and they did some real good to battle the very real evils we do have on this earth rather than try to banish supposed demons and devils but I guess we know which is the easier and more comfortable thing for them to do don't we?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Far better these people went out into the places where people need real help, food, love, kindness, education etc and they did some real good to battle the very real evils we do have on this earth rather than try to banish supposed demons and devils

I always thought this was the cornerstone messgae of Jesus' testimony...kinda what christianity was all about. Ah well, as has been said on another thread by another poster...you can't fix stupid.

Peace,
Erik

Latest Discussions