The War is Over - We've Lost

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As an Army vet I will ask the question a lot of vet do (Whywar we shouldnt play wargames & who wins gets peace or what ever they claim-put your self in a higher state of mind & create your dreams.Dont let others dictate & move you as a pawn in chess but calm & peace.Sure there are some who have violent ways-(but peaceful chi can heal-stop attackers-drain of all their powers ect.I quote Yoda use the force-let it fill you & calm you.Dont give into anger & hate.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Monadnock said:
Newsweek...isn't that the one they found a few issues of in Hamas military leader's room?

Israelis Capture West Bank Hamas Commander
5/23/2006

"The two apartments were sparsely furnished with bamboo chairs and mattresses. A reporter touring the hideout saw two copies of Newsweek magazine on the floor."

Damn Free Trade.
Damn Globalization.
Damn World Economy.

So the military is no longer planning for 'Victory' in Iraq.
Do you suppose any generals have told Rumsfeld yet?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Were the allied forces to careful in the war against Sadam Hussein? Look at the war against Milosevic. Bombed the living daylights out of people and infrastructure with massive destruction. Maybe if Bush and his generals were more like Clinton and his, the Iraqis would have no choice but to tap out.

Well, at least software piracy and other copyright violations in the former Yugoslavia are no longer as rampant as they were in the Milosevic era. Hollywood is getting paid and can rest easier. Oh, did you think our involvement in the war was about ethnic cleansing? Here's a hint from the 90s: They weren't making copies of CDs in Rwanda.

After 16 years of Clinton/Bush, we sure could use some positive change.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
crushing said:
Were the allied forces to careful in the war against Sadam Hussein? Look at the war against Milosevic. Bombed the living daylights out of people and infrastructure with massive destruction. Maybe if Bush and his generals were more like Clinton and his, the Iraqis would have no choice but to tap out.

www.iraqbodycount.org

.... There is less power in Iraq now than there was pre-invasion; more than three years after the United States ended Major Combat Operations.

.... The United States is spending between 6 and 8 billion dollars a week to secure Iraq.

.... With well over 35,000 Iraqi collateral damage casualties from American fire, not to mention the 50 or so daily Iraqi deaths by insurgency.

I'm wondering if you want to re-consider your suppostion that the American Military is somehow 'Kinder and Gentler' under President Bush.

2457 U.S. Deaths confirmed by the Department of Defense.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't doubt those numbers. Very sad indeed. Please don't read my post as justifying mass deaths as others have tried to do:

"We have heard that a half million children have died," said "60 Minutes" reporter Lesley Stahl, speaking of US sanctions against Iraq. "I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And -- and you know, is the price worth it?" Her guest, Madeleine Albright, responded: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price -- we think the price is worth it."

I sure wouldn't call any death and destruction as 'kinder and gentler' than another. I was just pointing out that there are more 'efficient' ways of winning a war. For example, the US resorted to a very efficient way against Japan in WWII. Some say it may have saved thousands of American lives and perhaps it even saved money in that war and I'm sure it knocked out power too. While it may meet most of the criteria you have put forth, I'm very glad that no president has used it.

Latest Discussions