The Security Threat That is the Homeless

navyvetcv60

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Phil, Thanks for the post. There is a lot of political correctness on this forum, and as soon as i started reading the file you attached i knew what kind of effect it would have on the frequent posters here, I think it's great! Your stat's are accurate and this is really good info.
Years ago a lot of these people ( oh isn't that offensive "These People")
were institutionalized so they could get the attention they need. And somewhere along the line some group of Liberals decided to just let them all out to run the streets.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been there done that. How about sleeping next to them all night (and their shoes are off!!) with a dirty pillow and blanket on the dirty floor of a shelter because it's too damned cold outside?

During the real bad Winters we have had shelters provided us with a list of places that had space...Many REFUSED to go there because the rules of no drugs or alcohol allowed...Better the possibility of frostbite than give up that 40 and a "shorty"...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phil, Thanks for the post. There is a lot of political correctness on this forum, and as soon as i started reading the file you attached i knew what kind of effect it would have on the frequent posters here,

Actaully, what there is here, is a wide variety of opinions. Everyone is entitled to his/her own. While we all may not agree, we still like to debate in a friendly fashion. If you havent already, perhaps you should take some time to read thru the rules of the study, as they differ slightly from the rest of the forum.

I think it's great! Your stat's are accurate and this is really good info.

Accurate according to who? Phil? If they are his personal stats, then they're simply his opinion and nothing more. If they're a compilation of stats from various states, cities, PDs, etc., then I'd say they'd hold more weight.

were institutionalized so they could get the attention they need. And somewhere along the line some group of Liberals decided to just let them all out to run the streets.

And part of treatment...well, its a 2-way street. There are many sources for it, but, and thats the key word here, they have to want it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While it's true that people have to be willing to be helped in order to receive it (for the most part), there is a general underlying misconception about all people in need.

For example: battered women. It's *SO* very easy to say, "why don't you just leave?" Ever hear the comparison to the frog in hot water? If a frog is placed into a pot of cool water and then warmed very slowly to the point of boiling, the frog will adapt to the temperature of the water as it warms and may not jump out but would never jump into or would immediately attempt to jump out of boiling hot water. I believe this axiom was disproven, however - you just cannot know everyone's story and it isn't always just as simple as it seems to be for those of us who are not in that position.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Here in California, that was done by Governor Ronald Reagan.

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It is not an "I hate certain people document," no. It examines the statistical support for the assertion that street people, as a demographic, form an increased threat to personal security and thus should be "profiled" as such by the individual. It then explains the common ploys used by street people to con you out of your money and/or set you up for crime (in other words, precursors to assault).

The PDF file is a 72-page booklet that is just under 600Kb, not a large document by any standard.

If the homeless are such a security a risk, then its just one more reason we should solve our homeless problem - NOT profile them.

This is ridiculous. Profile the homeless.

You know very little about the homeless, sir. The issue is much bigger than this.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Part of the Reaganomics plan, was it not?

Actually at the federal level I believe it was ole Teddy Kennedy and his pals that did this. But Regan may have been president at the time.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the Gift that keeps on giving, decades later.
The amazing thing about us brain-dead, mentally ill liberals is we remember that when the Republicans point out that the last surplus California had was while Reagan was Governor that the reason it was there in the first place was because of his predecessor - and that it took very little time for Mr. Reagan to exhaust that pool.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm feeling inspired to write a 100-page article on "The Deadly St. Patrick's Day Mobs of Oneonta, NY and How To Show Them Who's Boss." RAWR! :rolleyes:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm no fan of the spineless republicans, but i BELIEVE it was the California State House that passed that with more votes then Reagan could over ride with a veto, IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT?

Honestly, I don't know the details of how it was done, it was before my time, at least before my time in California. But Reagan is reviled here by many, as the person responsible for this. Not as the person who attempted to prevent it from happening thru veto.