The most IMPORTANT topic ever broached here

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It depends on political orientation. Obviously, the people who vote wrong put their TP in the holder the wrong way.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It just seems easier to get to over the top. Also, you can control premature breakage as opposed to it being against the wall. I'm a 7 or 8 sheet guy, and I hate fumbling around while in this compromising situation. Now my wife on the other hand, thinks it looks prettier against the wall, for when company comes over. Me, I need functional.
icon7.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Talk about attention grabbing thread titles :lol:

For me it is clear that for funtionality the paper should hang from the roll over the top and away fom the wall. The other methodology of dispensation is equally obviously wrong and probably causes dermatological abrasions (on rough wall surfaces) as well as encouraging the spread of disease and internal parasites ...

... of course, if you have a cat then you are exempt from this blanket accusation

... altho being owned by a minion of Bast does throw other areas of your judgemental acuity into doubt :p

EDIT: Ahhh, I see the linked article points out the very problem areas I alluded to {assumes smug and victorious expression :angel:}

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The most important topic ever... is life's lesson to always have paper on that roll !!

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The one thing that ABSOLUTELY MUST be in the first load anytime you move to a new home: Toilet Paper. The one thing you leave behind at the old place: Toilet paper!
No EXCEPTIONS, or, you're liable to lose a pair of socks...

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only problem I have seen with the over the top method of t.p. presentation is once you use a certain amount of the roll, there is a possibility that gravitly will start unwinding the roll.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only problem I have seen with the over the top method of t.p. presentation is once you use a certain amount of the roll, there is a possibility that gravitly will start unwinding the roll.
Only if you are tearing off in the wrong place and leaving a big long tail.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to put it on the spool, I leave it sitting upright on the back of the toilet. Whcih is fine until you need it, and knock it half way down the hallway.....:)

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm strictly a face-forward gal. I've found that when I have it facing the wall, sometimes my nails scrape the wall in the process.

It jeopardizes my manicure! :dramaqueen:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
being the only person who knows how to properly secure a fresh roll to the holder....
I settle for it standing on the edge of the tub, not inside and mostly wet...

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I'd love to know where you get TP that is either heavy enough or slick enough that grevity can overcome the friction.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As Big Don pointed out, once you use enough of the roll, if you leave a long tail, the weight of the tail will start to unroll the rest of the roll. That is why you should seperate each sheet from the roll and neatly stack the roll instead. :)

Latest Discussions