The "look"

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva
Wow. A 260 pound weight lifter is able to scare some people and he thinks it is some Ninja Fire Demon Look.

No dude, you are big. Quit scaring people. We typically refer to that as "bullying" in our society.

A bully? LOL!

But seriously, while people may notice my size, it's usually the disposition I portray that changes their response. Most of the time, I can't help but smile. I laugh at the silly things people do when they think no one's looking (all in good clean fun) and it causes me to look like I'm always happy. I also speak politely and nod when passing by people who meet me in eye contact for longer than a second or so. In the south, it's only polite to do so. It also tends to confirm that you're not just staring at people, though sometimes I wonder what they're doing and where they're going, even what they've been through...so I suppose I actually am staring.

My employment usually requires me to dress semi-formal, so I don't really look like a common street thug, nor do I dress that way off of work (assuming dress portrays a person's personality in some small way). Bullying, though...I don't think that's quite me. One person whom I met in Walmart told me they look forward to my 'million dollar' smile, whenever they see me. Now, flattery aside, I take that as a sign that I don't seem much like a bully to the people I pass by. But who knows what people think?

I'm 250 lbs, (fairly athletic -- no beer gut) and I can't intimidate little old ladies. I have a goatee, and when I shave my head in the summer little kids come over to be my friend. If I got a gnarly gang tattoo, kids would probably point me and say to their mothers "Look! If he's got a tattoo they can't be that bad!"

No, I don't think it's size. It seems to have more to do with attitude and your face. Me, I have an "open" face. Fortunately, it seems to keep me out of trouble.

Latest Discussions