The Last Person Thread - 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
im at work...ive decided im going to move to China and study at the Shaolin Temples

B

Hell, go to any major city get a job teaching english and they will give you a plce to stay, a pay check and scads of time to train CMA with a master you can find in the city. And you can find language programs there as well.

Personally I would much rather do that than go to Shaolin

Wrong again..You gonna move to China??? Do you speak the language???

Good questions

Oh and Drac

You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hell, go to any major city get a job teaching english and they will give you a plce to stay, a pay check and scads of time to train CMA with a master you can find in the city. And you can find language programs there as well.

Personally I would much rather do that than go to Shaolin

yea but i dont wanna work

i just wanna train

B

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
yea but i dont wanna work

i just wanna train

B

20 to 30 hours a week teaching English, they give you a place to live and possibly food and the rest to roam around freely and train "REAL" CMA not Shaolin Wushu with Sports Sanshou for actual MA.

Whatever floats your boat but personally I'd go for the English teaching.

But then the language would be much more important to at least make a showing that you are trying to learn, otherwise most Sifus will not take a western seriously. And I have my doubts these days that Shaolin takes any Westerner seriously beyond the Western Wallet.

But they will, in many schools teach English...which leads me to I would rather go to Chen Village get real Chen style, room, board, language and training. Last I knew it was about $2000 plus the price of a plane ticket. However I do not remember if that was 6 or 12 months.

If you are hell bent on Shaolin just make sure it is the real deal, there are a few fakes out there that are just doing it to get the western $$$ and you could find yourself in the middle of the Chinese countryside with no transportation, no food, no money and no language.

You may be better off looking to one of the Universities or sports academies

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue makes a good point...How are you gonna understand Sifu's commands unless you have a good command of the language???

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
20 to 30 hours a week teaching English, they give you a place to live and possibly food and the rest to roam around freely and train "REAL" CMA not Shaolin Wushu with Sports Sanshou for actual MA.

Whatever floats your boat but personally I'd go for the English teaching.

But then the language would be much more important to at least make a showing that you are trying to learn, otherwise most Sifus will not take a western seriously. And I have my doubts these days that Shaolin takes any Westerner seriously beyond the Western Wallet.

But they will, in many schools teach English...which leads me to I would rather go to Chen Village get real Chen style, room, board, language and training. Last I knew it was about $2000 plus the price of a plane ticket. However I do not remember if that was 6 or 12 months.

If you are hell bent on Shaolin just make sure it is the real deal, there are a few fakes out there that are just doing it to get the western $$$ and you could find yourself in the middle of the Chinese countryside with no transportation, no food, no money and no language.

You may be better off looking to one of the Universities or sports academies
you make a very good point, i would rather do that

B

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
you make a very good point, i would rather do that

B

Chen Village, problem is they are only in Chinese

You may be able to get info here

Or here but you will have to join like you did on MT

You can use Webfu to find reputable English teaching programs, I use to have a website, but I cannot find it, that was searchable by Cities in China. You can also use Webfu to search University programs, there was a good one in Beijing and there are others in other major cities. But the University programs are going to be Modern Wushu with Sports Sanshou.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chen Village, problem is they are only in Chinese

You may be able to get info here

Or here but you will have to join like you did on MT

You can use Webfu to find reputable English teaching programs, I use to have a website, but I cannot find it, that was searchable by Cities in China. You can also use Webfu to search University programs, there was a good one in Beijing and there are others in other major cities. But the University programs are going to be Modern Wushu with Sports Sanshou.
i just want to learn CMA, as close to traditional as I can get. Ive seen those website offering study programms at the temples but i dont know how legit they are

B

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i just want to learn CMA, as close to traditional as I can get. Ive seen those website offering study programms at the temples but i dont know how legit they are

B

There was a Sifu in Fla that was teaching as near to actual CMA as possible, eeven built a school with all the proper training devices..Let me see if I can find it for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions