icon7.gif
icon7.gif

icon12.gif
icon12.gif
icon12.gif

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I had quit, mornings were the toughest time of the day...

The worse part of my martial arts is the cardio. I have trouble processing oxygen. I'm sure there are many factors playing a part in that, but I attribute it to me having smoked for so long.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It never really affected me... I lifted 3 days a week and did cardio everyday..When I quit I promptly gained 60 lbs despite watching what I ate and not using food or candy substitues...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It never really affected me... I lifted 3 days a week and did cardio everyday..When I quit I promptly gained 60 lbs despite watching what I ate and not using food or candy substitues...

I can't say if I smoked now, anything would be different or worse. I don't know because I stopped. Who knows. I'm glad I stopped, I have and extra $5 a day to spend on getting fatter.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't say if I smoked now, anything would be different or worse. I don't know because I stopped. Who knows. I'm glad I stopped, I have and extra $5 a day to spend on getting fatter.

LOL...I use to dream I was sitting in a club having a smoke and would wake up with my fingers in the position like they were hold a cigarette..I went to Denver for the Combat Hapkido seminar 2 years later and was I was walking out to pick up my rental car I walked past a NYC Firefighter who had just lit up and I smelled it and said something to the effect of "Boy that smells good" and he offered me one...That was all it took..

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL...I use to dream I was sitting in a club having a smoke and would wake up with my fingers in the position like they were hold a cigarette..I went to Denver for the Combat Hapkido seminar 2 years later and was I was walking out to pick up my rental car I walked past a NYC Firefighter who had just lit up and I smelled it and said something to the effect of "Boy that smells good" and he offered me one...That was all it took..

I started way back when. The story is, me and a bunch of friends had a beach house for the last two weeks of high school and the first two weeks of summer. While driving back and forth, I had asked for a smoke one day, it got me all light-headed. Once it wore off, I asked for another. After that the non-addictive properties of cigarettes got to me. I quit about 5 years or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions