The Kenpo Fight

what the wise people above have said about awareness is true...

but once in a fight...

Kenpo is the art of contniuous motion, using natural weapons and movements, to produce and take advantage of predictable reactions in your opponent, leading to a breakdown in his ability and will to continue the fight.

How's that for a "mission statement"? :D

Avoid rather than check,
Check rather than hurt,
Hurt rather than maim,
Maim rather than kill,
For all life is precious,
Nor can it ever be replaced.

:asian:

Bill Lear said:
Avoid rather than check,
Check rather than hurt,
Hurt rather than maim,
Maim rather than kill,
For all life is precious,
Nor can it ever be replaced.

:asian:
Mr. Perry would've been whoppin proud.

Once the fight is on, there are only 2 possible outcomes, win or lose. Kenpo is one of the tools available to aid in winning. But there are hundreds of ways to say this. A few that come to mind are Delayed Sword, Flashing Daggers, 5 Swords...

:karate:

My previous post noted that I, as well Faster than Death, had not claimed to have ever trained in Kenpo, and so therefore neither one of us should be commenting on the qualities, goals, or fundamental truths in the Kenpo fight. Someone saw fit to ding me HARD on my reputation for this. Thank You very much. I was just trying to keep it real.

Dan

personally kempo in a fight is a flurry of practical strikes to either the head,neck,solarplexus,groin and knees. i know there are other targets but to keep it simple. hit hard, hit fast, get out. love this stuff :jedi1:

Latest Discussions

Back