The gloves are off.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You mean like that 12 year old in Cleveland who got shot by cops because he had a toy gun, and then said cops proceeded to lie about the incident in order to cover up their screw-up?

Fortunately we had video showing exactly what happened.

Reap what you sow right?:rolleyes:

What do you mean "we"? Were you there? What happened truly was a tragedy and a sad loss of life. I do not have all of the facts in regard to this incident but I have read up on it.

From what I have been able to garner, from a variety of sources, is that the responding officers were not given all of the information from dispatch. It was a high crime area with a gang problem with kids as young as 10 yoa having been arrested for possession of a weapon, burglary and robbery. The cop who fired the shots had issues at a previous agency where he was employed for only a short period of time (based off of the Independence PD employment history releases).

Getting back to the "we" part. I don't know you but you sound like someone who does not like law enforcement as a general rule and regardless of whatever happens your opinion will not change.

Jason Norin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Two New York City Police Officers are shot and killed in brazen ambush.
Man aimed empty gun in cop's face, pulled trigger.
Authorities Say Police Officer Shot to Death In Florida

Don't be surprised if the next officer you encounter seems a little less friendly, and a little more on edge. Don't be surprised if officers are less willing to let you approach them, and less tolerant for failing to stop promptly or moving around during traffic stops or putting your hands in your pockets.

Folks, the bottom line is this: I have a family that I love beyond words. I will go home to them at the end of the shift. Because they are the reason I go to work. And that just may mean I'm not quite so nice to you or patient with you as I would have been yesterday, because some people have decided that they hate me because of the uniform I wear and the job I do.

Three, and but for luck a fourth, officers' families have had Christmas forever ruined this week, simply because they went to work. I won't let that happen to mine.
It is really sad to see news about cops being murdered by lawless elements. Some people nowadays are shall I say, hypocrites. And they tend to justify their actions by doing exactly the same thing they hate the most.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
At some point, it might be better to start looking for a different career. If the government can't back off on all of the laws that put LEOs into positions where they must violently intercede in people's non-violent and peaceful choices, I can only see this situation getting worse. Anyway, it's just something to think about. No one is forced to serve a system that stupidly (or unintentionally) turns society against those who choose to enforce it's laws.
That is too much like running away. It is a pendulum and right now LEO's are getting sniped at. You shouldn't simply walk away when it gets rough and the media sees an easy ratings boost at your expense unless you have already decided that this isn't the field for you. Besides it is a dangerous career field, that isn't going to change.

Latest Discussions