The Existence of Chi

ech33

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
one part is there's no way a ki/chi can be generated by a machine. as chi only exist within human body as well nature-universe.

it cannot be scientifically created, as if some of you may know that chi is the life force for human being. it's born when you were born, and die along you as well.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
one part is there's no way a ki/chi can be generated by a machine. as chi only exist within human body as well nature-universe.

So, how exactly is a machine not a part of "nature-universe"??

ech33

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
caouse machine is a machine, not a living being. the machine would seem like
n ogawa massage machine instead.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
caouse machine is a machine, not a living being. the machine would seem like
n ogawa massage machine instead.

I fail to grasp the logic behind this reasoning.

Are only "living beings" part of this "nature-universe"?? How so??

ech33

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the being that breath life is part of the nature-universe. machine is something that was created by human, and it don`t have that "xtra".

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
the being that breath life is part of the nature-universe. machine is something that was created by human, and it don`t have that "xtra".

Macromolecules don't "breath life" and they are still part of the "nature-universe".

I still fail to grasp your logic here.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. IMO, you are closer to the truth by defining it as a biological energy (that could eventually have a scientific explanation) than many self-styled Martial Arts experts who use it to shroud normal, everyday newtonian physical principles in eastern mysticism in order to mislead the gullible.

Good question - I wish I had some sort of answer for besides "don't know". :idunno:

I think Chi could be the ancient Chinese interpretation of something that could be bio-electrical energy? With early MA being simple, yet effective exercises that strenghtened the body while simultaneously having the effect of increasing energy resulting in a fitter, healthier person? It's a big guess, obviously. I "believe" in chi. I've had some bizarre experiences with it. It's only hokey if you want it to be in my view.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How do we use Chi in daily life?

Traditional Chinese medicine views it this way; if you have strong Qi you are healthy, if you have week qi you are sick, if you have no qi you are dead.

So from a TCM point of view that is like asking how do we use air in daily life?

Although air and qi are not the same.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
........Although air and qi are not the same.
Actually, there's a good chance they are!!! (At least in part). The word for 'weather' in Chinese is (I think, please correct me if I have this wrong) 'breath of heaven', and the characters for breath and chi are the same. The concepts of 'breath', 'air', 'wind', and 'chi' are all related. And if you think about it, that makes sense: if you have good, strong, deep breathing (chi) you have life. If you do not have strong breathing (chi), you are not healthy, and if you have no breathing (chi), you are dead.

I put some notes together on what I found while researching the connection between 'chi' and deep breathing. If anyone's interested, I can try to dust off my notes and find some of the references.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually, there's a good chance they are!!! (At least in part). The word for 'weather' in Chinese is (I think, please correct me if I have this wrong) 'breath of heaven', and the characters for breath and chi are the same. The concepts of 'breath', 'air', 'wind', and 'chi' are all related. And if you think about it, that makes sense: if you have good, strong, deep breathing (chi) you have life. If you do not have strong breathing (chi), you are not healthy, and if you have no breathing (chi), you are dead.

I put some notes together on what I found while researching the connection between 'chi' and deep breathing. If anyone's interested, I can try to dust off my notes and find some of the references.

I will have to look into the characters (meaning ask my wife) but Qi and air are not the same to TCM however I believe air can affect Qi. And both are necessary for life.

And I am interested in looking at your notes.

DMartialArtist

White Belt
Reaction score
Here's what i think every one uses energy to move and talk. Everyone has it or else we couldn't move. Its said that most of the time its stored in your hara or abdomen. There are other places but adomen works for me. Which is true in most cases because you really do breathe in with your stomach expanding in and out. I think if you focus your mind and understand the true meaning of mind and body as one it is possible to understand the truth of ki. you may be able to actually use it. Its nothing mystical its just basically using your own energy your life force as a weapon the same energy you use to talk and walk its just instead of using it like you do for everyday stuff it takes a bit more effort and concentration. The point is i think it is possibel somehow to use your own energy and i mean when you think about it there's energy flowing all around us especially from the sun. When i look outside and the suns up or even when its not sometimes i can see the little transparent particles they go through my hand when i try and reach out for it but its like there molecules or particles of energy that for some reaosn you can't harness

Latest Discussions