the exercise you love to hate.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
for me it's burpees. i try to grind out a set of 20 burpees a couple times a week. i hate, hate, HATE doing them, but the results are so good. what about everyone else?

jf

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Burpees suck...yeah.

Also Fran form crossfit,.

do sets of 21-15-9
95# thruster
pullups

So, you do 21 thursters then 21 pullups, 15 thrusters then 15 pullups and so on.

the goal is to finish the entire workout in less tahn 5 minutes....3 minutes if you are some kind of deity.

It'll make you puke.

Also I hate running.

But it's all good for me so I do it anyway :D I know this because it hurts so much...

Peace,
Erik

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Stairs. Running up them, skipping up them, jumping up them, running down them, skipping down them, jumping down them with or without 10 lbs to 25 lbs weights held straight above my head. its sucks and i despise them but i do them. what i WILL NOT DO however is the mechanical stairs i hate them and won't do them unless my trainer forces me. :banghead:;)

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
bluekey, i don't think i could even do the workout you mentioned. i tore my rhomboid a year ago & my pull-up PR went from 24 to 12 :(

stairs have never bothered me that much, mechanical or regular. sometimes i like to run the escalator just so i feel like i'm going real fast. seems to annoy the shoppers though.

jf

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not hops jumps or running Santi Shi I like what it does, I like how it feels when I am finished but absolutely hate standing in that position for the first 5 minutes... which kind of defeats the purpose for the first 5 minutes.

There is also a type of crawl that I can only descripe as start in a yoga downward dog and walk your hands forward as far as you can and you end up in kind of an extended pushup position. Then walk your feet towards your hands back to downward dog.... that I love to hate.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Horse stance training. Sometimes I swear I can actually feel the muscles in my legs growing.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i LOVE tire flips, could do them all day. sprints make me cry though.

deck of cards work out is another i hate.

spades=squats
hearts=hindu pushups
clubs=chin ups/pull ups
diamonds=plyometric push ups

the suite determines the exercise, the number determines the reps. face cards are ten reps, jokers are 20 if you choose to leave them in. i haven't done this for a while since it sucks SO bad.

jf

SA_BJJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i LOVE tire flips, could do them all day. sprints make me cry though.

deck of cards work out is another i hate.

spades=squats
hearts=hindu pushups
clubs=chin ups/pull ups
diamonds=plyometric push ups

the suite determines the exercise, the number determines the reps. face cards are ten reps, jokers are 20 if you choose to leave them in. i haven't done this for a while since it sucks SO bad.

jf
I do the card deck all the time, it has to stay continuous the entire time though. The tire flips kill my lower back...I have a pretty bad lower back from deployments and such so they suck for me.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's true, my lower back has to be pretty fresh to break out the tire. i've learned not to do it on a judo day.

continuous deck of cards slays me. i do it, but i'm usually hitting failure on at least some of my reps half way through.

jf

SA_BJJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
that's true, my lower back has to be pretty fresh to break out the tire. i've learned not to do it on a judo day.

continuous deck of cards slays me. i do it, but i'm usually hitting failure on at least some of my reps half way through.

jf
Oh dont get confused I dont do it voluntarily...lol. thats just what we have to do for PT that day. Its killer during, but afterwards I feel great.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
ah, i see. anything pt sucks, at least in my experience.

jf

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of an exercise I don't hate to do. :)

But I'm glad I do them. Sigh.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of an exercise I don't hate to do. :)

But I'm glad I do them. Sigh.

Update: after further thought, I can say I LOVE working out on heavy bags/body shields. I guess that counts as an "exercise" doesn't it? Or does that fall into the training technique category? Are we talking about pure exercise only? :)

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
well you love it, so it doesn't count for this thread!

jf

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you have me there. what is the dying cockroach?

jf
Lie on your back
Legs straight up
Arms straight up reaching for toes
I think it would be better described as a punitive posture. It really hurts