Jump kick progress.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I can get much more height when I jump now. The kick in question is a front kick, which you then jump and do a round house kick. I kind of cheese it by throwing the front kick at stomach level then the jumping roundhouse at knee/thigh level.

It isn't ideal according to what is wanted but compared to what it is was before... It's progress. What really helped me was actually burpees, I get lots of height now when I do them. It's really interesting how many things burpees can impact.

They are still evil though.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I can get much more height when I jump now. The kick in question is a front kick, which you then jump and do a round house kick. I kind of cheese it by throwing the front kick at stomach level then the jumping roundhouse at knee/thigh level.

It isn't ideal according to what is wanted but compared to what it is was before... It's progress. What really helped me was actually burpees, I get lots of height now when I do them. It's really interesting how many things burpees can impact.

that's good, but one technical question, why are you jumping to kick them at knee high, ?

DaveB

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Burpees are the greatest evil ever perpetrated by man. Even worse than kata tournaments.

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
yeah burpees are horrific, then again anything involving jumping wrecks me though, though I'm kinda OK at jumping kicks - all that pain 20 years ago (!) in TKD led to a muscle memory that just sorta forces me to do them to an ok standard when asked, well I think they're ok anyway :eek:. Not jumping side kicks though, Jesus they're hard to do properly (well the fully chambered as much as possible type).

Latest Discussions