The difference between boxing punch and CMA punch

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When you shoot, it's much harder (or impossible) to shoot all your bullets into the same bullet hole than to shot wherever you want to. It's a CMA training method that may not be used in boxing.

I really stink at the boxing speed-bag. Too bad. I always thought it looked so cool. Anyway, when I watch boxer friends working the speed bag, they repeat the same strikes to the same target with great precision and rhythm equal to anything I've seen in CMA. Heck, if somebody were to tell me that the Chinese invented the speed bag, I wouldn't find it surprising!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it pointless shooting someone in the same hole 60 times as well...

And also impossible, assuming that people move when you hit or shoot them!

See 2:05 - 2:08 in the clip below:

OK ...I know, not at all realistic. Just funny as hell! :D

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I really stink at the boxing speed-bag. Too bad. I always thought it looked so cool. Anyway, when I watch boxer friends working the speed bag, they repeat the same strikes to the same target with great precision and rhythm equal to anything I've seen in CMA. Heck, if somebody were to tell me that the Chinese invented the speed bag, I wouldn't find it surprising!
Good point about the speed bag.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have no use for boxing speed bags. Other than building shoulder strength to keep your hands up, they are a waste of time IMO.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have no use for boxing speed bags. Other than building shoulder strength to keep your hands up, they are a waste of time IMO.
I don't understand the reasoning and purpose of using them well enough, to have an opinion on it.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suspect that teach fast movement and co ordination, a bit like skipping

Latest Discussions