The Ashida Kim Challenge.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to be a Karate Ninja, or a Karinja in my neck of the woods. Now I'm a neophyte Tai-chinja. I may have to stock up on throwing stars. Maybe English muffins.

Ah, so you really are a Karinja! Only they promote the use of muffins, one of the most under-rated double-use weapons.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, so you really are a Karinja! Only they promote the use of muffins, one of the most under-rated double-use weapons.

I don't think people fully appreciate how sharp those little edges of a stale, toasted muffin can be.....until it's too late.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
:(
I don't think people fully appreciate how sharp those little edges of a stale, toasted muffin can be.....until it's too late.

Truly so. When I was in Okinawa in the early 60s, I ran afoul of a karinja over some trivial thing or other. I think it was over something about raw fish not being fit for human consumption. After I sustained the injury I found raw fish to be quite delicious.

I wanted to study Karate back then, but was so badly injured I was unable to do so until after I returned to the USA. I then stumbled across Jhung Goo Rhee's school.

It still shames me how easily that Karinja had his way with me.:( But I have kept my liking for raw fish, even though I haven't run across another Karinja.

:):):)

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
you 2 have it wrong, its not just English muffins, the secret is "High Fiber" English Muffins..;)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
you 2 have it wrong, its not just English muffins, the secret is "High Fiber" English Muffins..;)
As a practitioner of Jew-Jitsu, I have to insist that bagels are far superior both for munching and for hurling at opponents.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lordy, those last four posts were pretty special.

I love this place....and bagels....and joint lox...and high fiber...and raw fishies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry... I can dislike any post I want, just as you have done. You really need to let it go.
The post you disliked was tongue in cheek, an attempt at humor (admittedly a poor attempt). You still had the right to dislike it.
I never said you didn't have the right. I did say that disliking as revenge (which you made clear in your PM was your intention) is childish, and I stand by that. You "disliked" posts where that apparently wasn't your actual opinion (since at least one was a statement of clarification, and had nothing in it to like or dislike). Oddly, you haven't been marking these posts the same way, and I suspect you actually do dislike these. As for letting it go, I find it amusing that you got twisted out of shape over an honest "dislike", but now think I'm the one who needs to let it go.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I never said you didn't have the right. I did say that disliking as revenge (which you made clear in your PM was your intention) is childish, and I stand by that. You "disliked" posts where that apparently wasn't your actual opinion (since at least one was a statement of clarification, and had nothing in it to like or dislike). Oddly, you haven't been marking these posts the same way, and I suspect you actually do dislike these. As for letting it go, I find it amusing that you got twisted out of shape over an honest "dislike", but now think I'm the one who needs to let it go.
Yes... You do need to let it go.
I forgot all about this. I think my last response to you was over a week ago. And now your back...

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe (and this is me speaking as an individual, not me speaking as a Moderator) you two could take it to PM. Because your squabble contributes nothing to any conversation and serves only to derail the thread.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe (and this is me speaking as an individual, not me speaking as a Moderator) you two could take it to PM. Because your squabble contributes nothing to any conversation and serves only to derail the thread.
Sorry DD. We didn't mean to derail the bagel conversation in an Ashida Kim thread. ;)

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes... You do need to let it go.
I forgot all about this. I think my last response to you was over a week ago. And now your back...
Yes, because I was out doing other things for the week. I replied because I just came back and read it. I hadn't thought about it at all in that time. I reply mostly for the amusement.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting that Dirty Dog AKA "Mr rude Moderator" has no response to my response. Time for you to retire dude. We're tired of your rude behavior.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point taken. I've been amusing myself, but it's probably not as amusing to others. The AK thread was more fun without our drivel.:angelic:

Latest Discussions