The Ashida Kim Challenge.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
$10,000 Challenge

So I can seriously win 10 grand to beat this guy? I mean even if I lose which is a possibility, I mean he has experience I don't have even though many of his fights were staged and his videos are fake. It would still be really cool if I do win. I been practicing a lot and have a lot going for me now.

The issue is here it seems that this "challenge" is salad dressing. Now what I mean by that is he has so many rules and requirements for this to actually happen that it seems it would be near impossible to even get it happening in the first place. It makes me question if he is even serious about it at all.

Despite this I'll try to do it and see where this goes, worse thing happens is I either lose and it becomes a learning experience, or he or his staff never even get back to me in the first place about it because I fail to meet the many requirements.

I'm off to the gym now to train, going to fantasize about what I can do with 10k :), if it does happen I might even give back some to this website as it has helped me in my martial arts journey.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are joking, or just have not heard of Ashida Kim. If the second, the best bet is to ignore anything the second you see that name.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
kempodisciplewjwVkFc 1751380 said:
Not sure if you are joking, or just have not heard of Ashida Kim. If the second, the best bet is to ignore anything the second you see that name.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll stick with Ameri-do-te. This is a pale immitation of the "Hurticane". Master Ken must be turning over in his grave. And he isn't even dead, as far as I know. Heck, that guy didn't even double-stomp the groin! :confused:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll stick with Ameri-do-te. This is a pale immitation of the "Hurticane". Master Ken must be turning over in his grave. And he isn't even dead, as far as I know. Heck, that guy didn't even double-stomp the groin! :confused:
Yeah, I'll take Ameri-do-te every time!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Mr. Kim, but the video shows using an awful lot of time and energy doing the improbable to impossible. Why would anyone wish to spend that much time and energy on an opponent? How would you get an opponent to stay on their feet long enough to do all that, assuming he can even do it.

Imho his conditions stack everything in his favor, both monetarily and contest wise. Your stated intention to challenge him is what has me wondering about you, since you seem to know his conditions from your first post. Does your teacher support to your challenge? Do you have the money his conditions demand? What are you trying to gain by asking people's advice here on MT?

Hopefully your initial post was in jest, but I can't tell that for sure.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
sooooooooo........:confused: he breaks his opponents neck "3" times? ANNNND rips the face off TWICE?? :blackeye:?
he seems to lose his balance 2 times there when hes showing the stomps but that "Finish" wow! thats the most deadly move i have ever seen! :vomit:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone just posted this in another thread, and said it was an old video...soooooo ummm yeah.

At least the 'kiai master' attempted to fight the MMA guy, you'd wait a long time before Ashida Kim ever had the guts to try.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
$10,000 Challenge

So I can seriously win 10 grand to beat this guy?

No.

I've never been quite sure whether he is a parody or thinks its all real or maybe somewhere in the middle. But no, you won't ever fight him.

Read the challenge... it's ridiculous. You have to post a $25,000 bond, you have to pay him $10,000. You have to find a venue that will give him half of all gate and concession receipts.

It's not you get $10,000 if you beat him. It's you pay him $10,000 plus all those other conditions and he'll fight you.

Also note that the only victory conditions specified are when he beats you, not the other way around.

All that said years back someone did try and take him up on his challenge, and presented evidence that his financial conditions could be met. He still declined to fight.

Your best bet is to just ignore anything to do with him.

Latest Discussions