Suspended for saying no to drugs

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A Louisville teenager has been suspended for five days after turning down a pill.

On Tuesday at River Valley Middle School, a 13-year-old student says someone handed her the prescription pill Adderall during gym and she quickly handed it back saying she didn't want it.

But she was called to the office later and admitted she had the pills in her hand for a few seconds.

Patty Greer says her daughter is now facing a five day suspension because she had possession of the pills, even though it was only for a few seconds.

Way to send a mixed message ...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats pretty stupid. Great way to tell the kids to trust adults.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I smell something sour and dirty ... reeking of sewerage and rot. Must be the group of lawyers following the case.

Seriously, they should ****in' sue.

l_uk3y

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm. Another case of people in charge are getting their punishment wrong. Why can't we just see the positive side of things and say well done for saying no? So many people in this world are always so focused on the negative side of things.

Thumbs up to the people whom make good decisions and do things right. Save the punishment for people whom try to make those good people stray from the path.

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I really liked all the comments at the bottom of the page too, each one more enraged than the last.

Yes, they should sue, and clean the ****ers out.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, so ... who's gonna write a letter? Hm? :wavey:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I dunno...I like zero tolerance policies. But suspensions kinda lame. They need to mandate executions. Kill a couple of these kids, and that'll learn em. Hang their bullet riddled corpses up in cages by the school doors, let everyone know you mean business. Cut off the tongues of liars, chop off the hands of thieves, and the feet of anyone who runs in the halls. Makes perfect sense to me, given the OP.

/sarcasm

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the kid that offered it should be in jail and the kid that denied it should have had a pep rally in her honor.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So what did happen to whoever it was that handed her the pill. It was not mentioned in either the article or the video.

And how did the nosy little busybodies that pass for school officials find out that the event had even occurred? If the girl went to them to report it, well, hope she never makes that mistake again. Obviously, you cannot trust them.

The school administrator (Marty Bell) who commented is an idiot. Sometimes, I think our universities just sell degrees. There's no other explanation for the quantity of obvious idiots who have degrees beyond a bachelors (a requirement for higher administrative positions in the school system, at least in Maryland).

Hope the school district is sued for so much that Bell and every other official involved in the handling of this is fired and barred from holding any positions that involve children.

Daniel

Latest Discussions