Testing next month, 1st Dan

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
After almost 3 years of giving it everything I have I will be testing next month. I'm a middle age adult, but feel guilty about talking about it, because I don't want to come across as bragging, but I am indeed proud of the obstacles I have overcome, the progress I have made and the effort, injuries and gallons of sweat along the way. Just thought I would share my feelings about it as I prepare to write my paper.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right on! Remember to conserve your energy, prepare for your test like you're testing every day ... because that *is* the real test ... every day.

Sometimes the phrase "One more" becomes your mantra and gets you through.

Whatever you do ... DON'T QUIT.

ROCK ON and tell us how you do!

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
After almost 3 years of giving it everything I have I will be testing next month. I'm a middle age adult, but feel guilty about talking about it, because I don't want to come across as bragging, but I am indeed proud of the obstacles I have overcome, the progress I have made and the effort, injuries and gallons of sweat along the way. Just thought I would share my feelings about it as I prepare to write my paper.

Well done on your efforts and good luck on your testing.
Whats your paper about?

Stuart

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on getting this far!
Keep those postive thoughts flowing and I am sure you will do great!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations and Good luck. I think that is the correct order to say it in, if not then Good luck and Congratulations.

OP
G

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi Stuart, The title is "Passion" , which in general terms talks about how important I believe it is for people to have at least one passion in life and what my TKD passion has done for me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Brag away!

Wen we reach middle age we lose condition faster, regain it slower and hurt more easy.

best of luck to you!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
congrats and good luck! It is admirable that your training has brought you this far and it is not a bad thing to be proud of this accomplishment. Enjoy the rest of your preparation and enjoy the test.

Peace,
Erik

mcantele

White Belt
Reaction score
I wish you luck. You will succeed. I tested today for my first Dan. After 3.5 years, and at 51 years of age. I succeeded and you will too.

Stonecold

Orange Belt
Reaction score
With all us 51 year olds getting Black Belts we can take over the world. LOL . Train hard, stay relaxed & Focused. You'll kick butt.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good luck to you young man. It's been a long, hard road so far but fun at the same time I'm sure. At least it has been for me. The test will be harder and more draining but when it's over you'll get such a feeling of accomplishment, relief and satisfaction that can't truly be described.
Good luck again Garrisons, the opportunity to test for black is such a cool priviledge, enjoy it ... :mst:

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Stuart, The title is "Passion" , which in general terms talks about how important I believe it is for people to have at least one passion in life and what my TKD passion has done for me.

Cool. Perhaps are submitting it for your exam, you can send it to a certain free TKD magazine for publication!!

Stuart

OP
G

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Stuart, I'll be happy to send you a copy, but doubt that it would be suitable for a publication as fine as yours

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck with your test! Keep your passion for TKD despite the blood, sweat, and (lost) beers!

Latest Discussions