Teens eaten by satanists.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was a wonderful article, Tez, thanks for posting it.

This passage right at the end {"Most English people wouldn't be caught dead in church," Nicholas concluded. Then he laughed. "Well---actually they would. But that's the only time they'd be caught in church."} resonated particularly well with me as we buried my father-in-law today.

The only times I am in church are weddings and funerals and I do concur that organised religion performs a useful function at those times as a focus for peoples feelings. However, whilst I am respectful of others needs to do so, I will not sing hymns or mouth prayers that speak of things I do not believe. I may be many things but I try not to be a hypocrite.

How I got through the day, other than being someone to lean on for my missus and her mother, was thinking of the cycle of life and how it is the one thing that binds all mankind together. I had to grit my teeth to hold back the tears on occasion I admit (none harder than when I threw a handful of dirt onto his coffin with the low spoken promise of "See you, Geoff, I'll look after her as best I can") but I made it through.

Religion is only really a major problem when people use it as both a filter and an excuse for all that they do 'unto others'. I have termed it an "abrogation of reason" before now but that's unfair; it's more of a surrender of volition. The ultimate 'passing the buck', so to speak.

I'm with Bill and Ted - "Be excellent to each other". Nothing else matters.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Condolences to you, your mother and the rest of the family for your loss my friend. Sincerely.

Back on subject, while I am not one of those who avoids churches I do not frequent them except for the same reasons that you do. However my reasoning is different.
Having been a part/study of many faiths (including Satanism) I've learned much. Admittedly a lot of my learnings have come from the LDS faith but non-christian faiths have made their significant contribution as well.
I've spent much time alone and much time pondering these spiritual things that I've learned and continue to learn. Much of what I've learned were from first hand spiritual experiences both light and dark. Both external and internal.
Presently after speaking with several pastors of several different faiths I find that they've nothing "new" to offer to me. Not even a new way to worship. Or a new idea to embrace/study.
So, I continue on my own search.
I hope you will do the same. :asian:

Peace be yours during this time.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is your brain working right?

No, but this is how the invisible man created me, in his own perfect image :2xBird2:

First swallow the cracker of transforming lord-flesh, next the local little witch-doctor forces a crucifix down your throat to purge you of demoic influence. The sad truth is that the path of mysticism walked by so many leads to insanity, not enlightenment.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was true in the article when it said that English people don't talk about religion (any religion including satanism!) because it's a personal thing and like personal finances, personal griefs, depressions etc its just not done to talk about it.
I can identify totally with the sense of embarrassment mentioned in the article whenever anyone starts talking about their belief in G-d, Jesus or as in this threads case Satan!
Human beings however need rites and things familiar to them to help with grief and sorrorful times. In the Jewish religion it's acknowledged that services, prayers said at a congregation and services are totally for people not G-d. The rituals enacted at times of bereavement are to help comfort and ease through a time that's difficult for everyone, it's not to do with the religion itself but a coping mechanism for people.
Speaking the words of prayers out loud again is a comfort thing, giving a sense of belonging and a sense of permanance in a terrifying and ever changing world. Prayers said in synagogues have been said for hundreds of years, by many generations, it gives moments of peace. After all if you belive in G-d you know he can hear you anywhere anyhow and doesn't actually need to hear you pray out loud so the comfort is entirely for you.
I think human beings need rituals and rites to comfort them and we'll look for them wherever we can, some make their own up. This need isn't religious necessarily more an expression of our need to belong somewhere. We like certain things to happen at certain times to reassure us life is ok. I believe in American schools the children pledge to the flag every morning? if that were to stop I imagine there would be an uproar, not just because people would see it as unpatriotic but because it's a reassuring, comforting message that life goes on despite everything.
The world is changing faster than ever, the uncertainities of our world are terrifying if we have to think about them and I think this is why we have so many religions, people are looking for the rites and rituals that comfort them, it's not always because they believe in any deity but where they feel comforted and where they feel they belong.
Rabbi Lionel Blue said the old English churches were wonderful places to go into and just sit, you don't have to believe anything but just to sit and find what the Quakers call that small still place inside you is comforting and peaceful. A little oasis of peace far from the madding crowd.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to say the tools used to give us a sense of belonging sometimes might not be that nice. A few experiences comes to mind...

Our priest visiting school and telling us about the joy of believing and that the "wild black men in africa" has accepted god and were no longer "boiling white men for dinner in their huge black iron cauldrons"

His sucessor preaching in my uncle`s funeral about the "joy of obedience", telling us to accept god`s rules without question because doubting will make our head hurts.

I won`t even go into the part about lakes of fire and the fate of sinners..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say the tools used to give us a sense of belonging sometimes might not be that nice. A few experiences comes to mind...

Our priest visiting school and telling us about the joy of believing and that the "wild black men in africa" has accepted god and were no longer "boiling white men for dinner in their huge black iron cauldrons"

His sucessor preaching in my uncle`s funeral about the "joy of obedience", telling us to accept god`s rules without question because doubting will make our head hurts.

It's what some people want though isn't it? Wouldn't do for me but for a lot of people total obedience whether to a religion/dictator/martial art whatever means they don't actually have to think about things nor make decisions. Personally I think thats a cop out but it's what a lot of people want, someone to lead them and think for them.
The sinners being punished though is a thing where you get to feel superior to others lol, "well I'm saved by ..fill in your own preference here... and you're not so yah boo sucks to you!" I've never thought my religion superior to any others and in fact we actively discourage people who want to be converted unless they really really want to. It's like martial arts, no best one just the one that suits you. I wish others though would stop trying to convert people.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

The lakes of fire and fate of sinners (unrepentant sinners no less) is more of a fear tactic used by the over-zealous to KEEP members in their congregation because the higher the membership the higher the collection tally at the end of each sermon each Sunday. So make 'em FEAR the Lord and make 'em GUILTY for not contributing.
From my own experiences and learning of things Spiritual, I know now that this FEAR tactic is wrong and overly abused.
Dunno about anyone else but my God is a loving God who wants all of his children to come home to him someday.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's what some people want though isn't it? Wouldn't do for me but for a lot of people total obedience whether to a religion/dictator/martial art whatever means they don't actually have to think about things nor make decisions. Personally I think thats a cop out but it's what a lot of people want, someone to lead them and think for them.

You are absolutely right. These people build a cozy little box for themselves and spend the rest of their lives reinforcing the walls of it.

Latest Discussions