Teens eaten by satanists.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Granted, the article is a ludicrous put-up job......equally ludicrous, though, is the notion that "Satanists" are against human-sacrifice, or any ritual sacrifice.

Well, the Church of Satan isn't really about Satan at all, it is for the most part a metaphor to explain their position on ethical hedonism. As such, it isn't really about sacrifice. There are other small mystery cults who purport to worship Satan in an unironic sense and would perform sacrifices, but the prevalence and activities of these small group have been greatly exaggerated and distorted when politically/socially convenient. McMartin trial anyone? To my knowledge, there has been no documented case of human sacrifice in the service of worship of "Satan".

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, the Church of Satan isn't really about Satan at all, it is for the most part a metaphor to explain their position on ethical hedonism. As such, it isn't really about sacrifice. There are other small mystery cults who purport to worship Satan in an unironic sense and would perform sacrifices, but the prevalence and activities of these small group have been greatly exaggerated and distorted when politically/socially convenient. McMartin trial anyone? To my knowledge, there has been no documented case of human sacrifice in the service of worship of "Satan".
Tate Bianca murders.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Q: Did you hear about the dyslexic Satanist?

A: He sold his soul to Santa

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
When visiting the Magnitogorsk Denny's, grydth recommends an appetizer of caviar followed by the incomparable Soylent Green.... do NOT say Grace before dining, however, lest thee get really bad gas...

By the way, there were serious outbreaks of cannibalism in the USSR during World War II. One was during the horrific siege of Leningrad, another at an Italian POW camp after Stalingrad. These are recounted in some detail in Salisbury's The 900 Days and Craig's Enemy at the Gates.... regretably, recipes are omitted from recent editions....

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Personally, I'm too lazy to stab someone that many times. Course, I have trouble counting that high without a PC too so maybe I'd have to wwrite a program that checks a resistance change in the blade when it's in contact with a body and counts the changes?

I would be too tired to eat.

maybe they had 6 people stab 111 times each. And they count off in chorus so nobody loses track.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Granted, the article is a ludicrous put-up job......equally ludicrous, though, is the notion that "Satanists" are against human-sacrifice, or any ritual sacrifice.

As long as it's not self-sacrifice, I would suppose.

How easy it must be... "I don't want to, and therefore it is against my religion" easiest. religion. ever. :mst:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would be too tired to eat.

maybe they had 6 people stab 111 times each. And they count off in chorus so nobody loses track.
Well nobody says that you have to KEEP stabbing continuously until you reach the magic number... Agreed that the number is ridiculous but knowing backwoods satanist personally the idea of human slaughter/cannibalism isn't. I feel fortunate that at that point in my life I didn't attract their... interests, as I was considering joining them... but got out quickly as I could when I realized just how far they were willing to go. By the way their leader was a devout follower of La Vey and had direct ties to the man via letters shown to me.

NO they weren't written in blood either :rolleyes:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how exact this ritual must be. Will Satan be unduly upset if you only stab 665 times? What if you really thought it was 666 times? What happens if you use a serrated knife, does each serration count as a stab?

It's enough to make my head hurt. I think I'll stick with good ol' fashioned atheism. We only need to stab enough times to get the job done. Efficiency!
How about a knife like this:
gh-2000lg.jpg
?

How many stabs would that one count as?

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stab someone into a pulp and eat the stuff or swallow the flesh of your saivor in the form of a cracker.. I don`t know who`s the crazier. I think I`ll just focus on living a good life thank you very much.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Stab someone into a pulp and eat the stuff or swallow the flesh of your saivor in the form of a cracker.. I don`t know who`s the crazier. I think I`ll just focus on living a good life thank you very much.

yeah I think eating a cracker is a little less crazy than ritual murder. Is your brain working right?

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah I think eating a cracker is a little less crazy than ritual murder. Is your brain working right?

i think the larger point here is that it's very easy to misinterpret a religion that you are not fully initiated into. the early christians were rumored to be incestuous cannibal atheists. after all, they called each other brother & sister (even their spouses), ate their saviour & drank his blood, & denied the existence of the roman gods. kind of like how today folks often think satanist=human sacrifice, muslim=suicide bomber, mormon=polygamist, etc. i'm sure there probably are a small handful of people who profess to be satanists while advocating human sacrifice. but that doesn't mean that it is the view of the religion as a whole.

btw, what purpose would human sacrifice serve to a satan worshipper, even presuming that they worshipped the satan of the christian tradition? if the person sacrificed is a believer, you're just sending them to heaven. if they are damned, you're just sending them to the devil a little sooner. seems like a lot of risk for little payoff.

jf

jf

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i think the larger point here is that it's very easy to misinterpret a religion that you are not fully initiated into. the early christians were rumored to be incestuous cannibal atheists. after all, they called each other brother & sister (even their spouses), ate their saviour & drank his blood, & denied the existence of the roman gods. kind of like how today folks often think satanist=human sacrifice, muslim=suicide bomber, mormon=polygamist, etc. i'm sure there probably are a small handful of people who profess to be satanists while advocating human sacrifice. but that doesn't mean that it is the view of the religion as a whole.

btw, what purpose would human sacrifice serve to a satan worshipper, even presuming that they worshipped the satan of the christian tradition? if the person sacrificed is a believer, you're just sending them to heaven. if they are damned, you're just sending them to the devil a little sooner. seems like a lot of risk for little payoff.

jf

jf
General idea is to rid the world of those who love Christ. Some even say that those killed by Satan worshipers are "automatically" bound to Satan and denying them entry to Heaven... as if the followers have any type of hold on the human soul.
It's messed up, convoluted and just plain idiocy. There is evil in the world, nearly all of it is perpetrated by mankind and much of it is inspired by Satan. A whisper to the disturbed mind can wrought much.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
btw, what purpose would human sacrifice serve to a satan worshipper,
jf

well, maybe to cause fear in their community? or perhaps they have some mystic belief system that attaches some importance to it (like eating a cracker does for Catholics)? I'm only guessing, just a stab in the dark

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
General idea is to rid the world of those who love Christ. Some even say that those killed by Satan worshipers are "automatically" bound to Satan and denying them entry to Heaven... as if the followers have any type of hold on the human soul.
It's messed up, convoluted and just plain idiocy. There is evil in the world, nearly all of it is perpetrated by mankind and much of it is inspired by Satan. A whisper to the disturbed mind can wrought much.

interesting, i had not heard those beliefs. still, i'm pretty sure that those ideas are out of sync with the mainline church of satan. sure there is evil in the world, but personally i don't believe in any sort of anthropomorphic satan.

well, maybe to cause fear in their community? or perhaps they have some mystic belief system that attaches some importance to it (like eating a cracker does for Catholics)? I'm only guessing, just a stab in the dark

those are both good guesses. still, in my limited research of mainline satanism i never saw anything about inspiring fear being any sort of benefit. the church of satan publicly supports law & order.

jf

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
insert groan smilie here... :rolleyes:

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there has been no documented case of human sacrifice in the service of worship of "Satan".

New York Times story from 1984

''They built a roaring fire in a field near the woods,'' Lieut. Robert Dunn of the Suffolk County homicide squad said. ''They cut the sleeves out of his shirt and burned them, and they took his socks off and burned them. I don't know what this is supposed to mean, but this is what they did. It's pure Satanism.
''They were chanting while they did this. Just before they killed him, they forced him to say, 'I love Satan.' After that, they killed him. Then they dragged him into the woods. This was a sacrificial killing.'' Village Police Statement

New York Times Story on Italian Murdres, 2004

The six-year search for Chiara Marino and Fabio Tollis, two missing teenagers who were members of a heavy metal band called the Beasts of Satan, ended in a pit in the woods northwest of Milan. The authorities say other members of the loose-knit band buried the bodies after killing the teenagers in a drug-fueled Satanic sacrifice.