Teens eaten by satanists.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is so nuts that I just had to post a link to this article. Here is an excerpt:

The Satanists stabbed each of their victims a terrifying 666 times before dismembering their bodies and cooking them on a bonfire.
Russian cops discovered the teenager's limbs, hearts and scalps in a pit in the Yaroslavl region around 300 miles from Moscow, along with the dead body of a small rodent crucified on an upside-down cross.

Besides the obvious reasons, this bothers me because it gives a bad name to anyone who even partially subscribes to the tenants of modern Satanism. Leaders and members of The Church of Satan (the only Satanic church recognized by the US government) would be just as sickened by this as you or I. As far as the research I've done on the subject, I don't know of any Satanic churches/organizations that would in any way shape or form condone this kind of behavior.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I doubt this is real. The Sun doesn't give their sourcing, and only a handful of other articles could be found online, which either sources The Sun or has obviously copied most of it. Nothing is on the AP, and no Russian sources could be found. I think The Sun just made it up. It is a tabloid, after all.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i agree, it's probably B.S. i also agree that most satanic organizations frown on this sort of thing. since the self is the supreme being, anything that shortens its existence (e.g., incurring the death penalty) is bad news.

jf

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's questionable...

Stabbing multiple people each 666 would literally take hours, and you wouldn't have much left when you were done. You definitely wouldn't need to dismember the bodies! (OK, maybe if they used a VERY thin stilleto.)

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree that it's questionable...

Stabbing multiple people each 666 would literally take hours, and you wouldn't have much left when you were done. You definitely wouldn't need to dismember the bodies! (OK, maybe if they used a VERY thin stilleto.)
Think of it as more of a meat tenderizer than stabbing 666 times. ;)

Certainly, it's questionable. The sad part of all this is that there really are people in this world that are so messed up that we even have to debate whether or not this is true. :(

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh noes! a "religion" getting negativley painted by a broad brush of false claims!

Withthe desires of the "self" as the highest principle, who can say if these Russian "selves" thoguht this was the thing they most wanted... if they do't believe they will be caught and executed then how would this conflict with their religion?

it seems to me the most negative things (in frequency and severity) that people do tend to be driven by selfishness, or at least a disregard for others... this is just a more extreme example isn't it?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...would be just as sickened by this as you or I. As far as the research I've done on the subject, I don't know of any Satanic churches/organizations that would in any way shape or form condone this kind of behavior.

Well, promoting murder and cannabilism is bad for recruiting. Maybe you just aren't high enough in the hierarchy to get to that stuff. Maybe you still think of other people as possibly having some intrisic value other than what you can use them for to build yourself up. Shed those negative thoughts and maybe you will move up (or is it down?)

If the story is true, then didn't you just learn of one organization that would condone it?? The Yaroslavl Branch of the CoS seems to be all for it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt this is real. The Sun doesn't give their sourcing, and only a handful of other articles could be found online, which either sources The Sun or has obviously copied most of it. Nothing is on the AP, and no Russian sources could be found. I think The Sun just made it up. It is a tabloid, after all.

Ah yes, the Sun is famous for making very weird stories up.
There was the headline "Freddie Starr ate my hamster" ( Freddie Starr being a comedian here) among others. the most infamous probably was "Gotcha" when the Belgrano was blown up. We've had double decker buses on the moon and peoples children turned into olives.

OP
JBrainard

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, they tend to frown on getting caught...

Ha ha. Go right ahead and find me a Satanic denomination that even smacks of condoning this kind of behavior.

Very possible.

OP
JBrainard

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh noes! a "religion" getting negativley painted by a broad brush of false claims!

Withthe desires of the "self" as the highest principle, who can say if these Russian "selves" thoguht this was the thing they most wanted... if they do't believe they will be caught and executed then how would this conflict with their religion?

it seems to me the most negative things (in frequency and severity) that people do tend to be driven by selfishness, or at least a disregard for others... this is just a more extreme example isn't it?

According to all Satanist philosophy that I've read, they would have nothing to gain by doing what they did. These are just sicko's who for whatever reason like to label their deplorable actions as "Satanic."

OP
JBrainard

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, promoting murder and cannabilism is bad for recruiting. Maybe you just aren't high enough in the hierarchy to get to that stuff. Maybe you still think of other people as possibly having some intrisic value other than what you can use them for to build yourself up. Shed those negative thoughts and maybe you will move up (or is it down?)

Yes, everything you don't understand is a conspiracy :rolleyes:

If the story is true, then didn't you just learn of one organization that would condone it?? The Yaroslavl Branch of the CoS seems to be all for it.

A handfull of murderers hardly consitutes an organization. A very small cult maybe, but nothing recognized by anyone but themselves.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
The Church of Satan has approached the choice of human and animal sacrifice from the perspective of the amount of energy that it dispels. When comparing this dissipation of energy with the energy produced through emotional and sexual release, Anton La Vey, High Priest and Founder of the Church of Satan, concluded that "the only time a Satanist would perform a human sacrifice would be if it were to serve a two-fold purpose; that being to release the magician's wrath in the throwing of a curse, and more important, to dispose of a totally obnoxious and deserving individual."Anton La Vey, 'The Book of Lucifer.' in The Satanic Bible (Avon Books: New York, 1969), p. 88.

The Friends of Hekate and the Order of Nine Angles also used or justified human sacrificial rituals-it seems, though, that the modern orders would be more inclined to sacrifice a criminal or one of their own who had wronged them than innocents.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I'm too lazy to stab someone that many times. Course, I have trouble counting that high without a PC too so maybe I'd have to wwrite a program that checks a resistance change in the blade when it's in contact with a body and counts the changes?

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Course, I have trouble counting that high without a PC...

Makes you wonder how exact this ritual must be. Will Satan be unduly upset if you only stab 665 times? What if you really thought it was 666 times? What happens if you use a serrated knife, does each serration count as a stab?

It's enough to make my head hurt. I think I'll stick with good ol' fashioned atheism. We only need to stab enough times to get the job done. Efficiency!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how exact this ritual must be. Will Satan be unduly upset if you only stab 665 times? What if you really thought it was 666 times? What happens if you use a serrated knife, does each serration count as a stab?

It's enough to make my head hurt. I think I'll stick with good ol' fashioned atheism. We only need to stab enough times to get the job done. Efficiency!

Granted, the article is a ludicrous put-up job......equally ludicrous, though, is the notion that "Satanists" are against human-sacrifice, or any ritual sacrifice.

Latest Discussions