Teens Charged With Beating Classmate

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/7-teens-charged-beating-classmate-unconscious-174353443.html

MIAMI (AP) — Seven central Florida teenagers were arrested after authorities said they punched and kicked a 13-year-old until she was unconscious while on a school bus.
The victim told authorities that Friday was her first time riding the bus and no one would let her sit down. About 75 children were riding the bus bound for a middle school in Ocala, a rural city north of Orlando. The victim said someone threw a shoe at her and she threw one back, according to an arrest report.
One girl allegedly asked students if they wanted to hit the victim, then instructed the teens to form a circle and began hitting and kicking the victim. Several witnesses said they saw the girl fall to the floor and "appear to have a seizure and pass out," according to the arrest report.
The victim, who is not being identified, was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with a concussion, severe bruising on her head and muscle spasms.

I have 1 question...WTF is wrong with people today????? In the ideal world, the parents of this child, would sue the pants off of every single one of these punks, and win, in addition to the accused all being locked up! Maybe some time in jail would smarten these punks up. Oh but wait...they're kids, jail isn't right, blah, blah, blah.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This leads to a legitimate question for martial artists. If you decided to come to the aid of this girl, what level for force would be acceptable? She's being attacked by seven people, this is a life threatening situation. How much does the fact that they are minors matter?

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a typical experience soon to be swept under the rug. I'd be surprised if any of the children recieve more than a talking to. Maybe if they start taking the kids behind the bus and shooting them they'll feel discouraged. Incarceration and associated poetic justice would be nice.

"Oh my god! That's what I've been doing to people all these years? I deserve to be in here!"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This leads to a legitimate question for martial artists. If you decided to come to the aid of this girl, what level for force would be acceptable? She's being attacked by seven people, this is a life threatening situation. How much does the fact that they are minors matter?

Depends on your size?

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the school bus?

Where the hell was the driver?!

The driver was on the bus and actually stepped in the first time, but then it escalated, he couldn't stop it, so he went to a school for help.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well, the first thing I'd do is call the cops. Why prolong the help? As for stepping in....well, it'd be nice to have another adult to help you. The odds are already stacked against you. I'd say trying to pull them off of the girl is a good start, but then again, nothing prevents them from coming at her again. Would I strike them....well, I'd exhaust other options first, but if all else fails, yes, I probably would, especially if they started to turn on me.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/teens-charged-beating-classmate-court-190522274.html

A judge has placed seven central Fla. teens on home detention after they were charged with punching and kicking a 13-year-old girl until she was unconscious.During Saturday's hearing, State Attorney John Zaleskie asked the judge to detain the youths until arraignment because of "extreme violence" and injuries suffered by the victim. The teens had no prior arrests.
The Ocala Star Banner (http://lb.vg/9Xy4k ) reports the teens were appointed public defenders and cannot have contact with each other or the victim while on home detention. Their parents declined comment.
The youths were charged with battery and disorderly conduct Friday after allegedly forming a circle around another girl on the school bus and hitting and kicking her repeatedly. The victim told deputies it was her first day riding the bus and no one would let her sit down. She suffered a concussion.

Latest Discussions