Tatoos

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sil Lum TigerLady said:
psi_radar - Hmmmmm.....my appointment is actually at 8am. I usually like to have a couple beers (2 or 3) in the evening. Do you think this will still affect it in the morning or should I just skip beer completely the night before?
A few beers the night before won't have any effect on you the next day - especially if they're the watered down weak American style beers.
icon10.gif

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sil Lum TigerLady said:
psi_radar - Hmmmmm.....my appointment is actually at 8am. I usually like to have a couple beers (2 or 3) in the evening. Do you think this will still affect it in the morning or should I just skip beer completely the night before?

I expect I'll be sore for while as it heals...but hey, I've had kids, How bad can this be? :D

The effects of alcohol in general wear off at a rate of approximately one drink per hour. So yeah, you'll be fine. 8 am!? Wow, that's a wake up call! The pain isn't too bad at all, as you've said, you've been through a LOT worse. Remember when it starts itching as it heals to slap it rather than scratch it. They will probably give you a sheet that describes care after you're tattooed. One thing you should do is get your A+D ointment before the appointment begins so you don't have to go out for it later.

R

raedyn

The effects of alcohol in general wear off at a rate of approximately one drink per hour.
ummmm... I'd be careful with that. It varies greatly with gender and weight. (And with individual...)

examples:
1 drink, 100 pound woman - approx 3 hours to metabolize
1 drink, 200 pound woman - approx 1.5 hour to metabolize
1 drink, 100 pound man - approx 2.5 hours to metabolize
1 drink, 200 pound man - approx 1 hour to metabolize
*simply multipy # drinks by # hours per drink

So that one drink, depending who you are could take you one hour - or three!

(see http://www.selfcounseling.com/help/alcohol/hourstozerobac.html for a more complete chart....)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
A few beers the night before won't have any effect on you the next day - especially if they're the watered down weak American style beers.
icon10.gif
Well, if you must know, they ARE on the light side. :rolleyes: I do have my girlish figure to maintain you know.
You can drink that dark moose p*** and I'll stick to my Ultras thank you. :p :D

:cheers:
flatlander/SLTL
Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. :)

raedyn said:
ummmm... I'd be careful with that. It varies greatly with gender and weight. (And with individual...)
Well, I'm 5'6' and weigh about 118lbs. I don't like getting drunk, just like to have a couple cold ones in front of the TV after the kids are in bed. My main concern is blood thinning. I don't know how much that amount of alcohol that amount of time before my appointment will affect it.

I appreciate the info. :asian:
I think I'll keep it to two at the most, if any, the night before I get my tatoo.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sil Lum TigerLady said:
I think I'll keep it to two at the most, if any, the night before I get my tatoo.
When is it scheduled for? I'll knock a few back for you on the night before. It's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
When is it scheduled for? I'll knock a few back for you on the night before. It's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make.
It's not until Dec. 3rd. I scheduled this appt. 4months ago. It was his first opening. My appt. time is 8am. It feels like I've been waiting so long that now even though it's still a month away it's finally feeling close. I appreciate the sacrifice you're willing to make. You're a trooper! ;)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a guy!

Hey, why don't we all have a few the eve of the marking? I'll slam down a bottle of my homemade blackberry wine for ya! 20% alkyhol and tastes great, less filling, and no headache in the morning!

Sign me up.

Anyone else going to imbibe in celebratory fashion on the eve of the inking of the babe?

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am looking forward to seeing a photo once its all done!

Sil Lum TigerLady said:
It's not until Dec. 3rd. I scheduled this appt. 4months ago. It was his first opening. My appt. time is 8am. It feels like I've been waiting so long that now even though it's still a month away it's finally feeling close. I appreciate the sacrifice you're willing to make. You're a trooper! ;)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
What a guy!

Hey, why don't we all have a few the eve of the marking? I'll slam down a bottle of my homemade blackberry wine for ya! 20% alkyhol and tastes great, less filling, and no headache in the morning!

Sign me up.

Anyone else going to imbibe in celebratory fashion on the eve of the inking of the babe?
Homemade blackberry wine huh? Sounds deelish! I like the way you and flatlander are thinking. Anyone else willing to "sacrifice" in celebration? :D

Sarah said:
Am looking forward to seeing a photo once its all done!
Will DEFINITELY be posting when it's done.

J

jaymo

i have seven, and don't regret any of them. i would get more, but dang are they expensive! congrats on who ever is venturing to get a new tattoo. just a few things to mention-(and i apologize if these have already been said) wanted to echo about the alcohol thing, avoid it during the tatt. if you need to have one, wait until after gettin' inked. some places won't work on you if you have booze on your breath. don't be afraid to ask to see certification or references. also, make sure you see them use a new needle, and watch them put the inks in the little wells, don't let 'em touch you if the ink is already set up in the pallette- could have been previously used, which would mean that it is contaminated.

if you have a history of sensitive skin, get a test dot done. the artist will make a tiny ink mark on you and see how your skin reacts. some places won't even charge for the test dot.

after: stay out of the sun, tanning booths, no hot tubs or pools until the tatt has completely healed. to maintain its color, use spf (at least 30) year around. keeps mine crystal! when in the shower, don't scrub it--treat it like new baby skin. it will heal alot like a sunburn does: bubbles up a bit, flakes off on its own. don't peel or pick at the scabbing skin, or you'll pull the ink out.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have an excellent portrait of Bela Lugosi peering around a stone wall that goes from the top of the arm where it meets the shoulder and ends about 8" above the elbow..Below that I have a circle of bats hanging from an old tree..The Bela portrait took about 3 hours..

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac said:
I have an excellent portrait of Bela Lugosi peering around a stone wall that goes from the top of the arm where it meets the shoulder and ends about 8" above the elbow..Below that I have a circle of bats hanging from an old tree..The Bela portrait took about 3 hours..
Speaking of time....how long does it take to get a tatoo? (I know design and size play a part but just wondering about the average time)

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have one and am thinking about my second. Possible the Universal Pattern.

Teej

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting this on my arm...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Juuuuuuuuust kidding... Had ya there for a sec though didn't I???

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sil Lum TigerLady said:
It's not until Dec. 3rd. I scheduled this appt. 4months ago. It was his first opening. My appt. time is 8am. It feels like I've been waiting so long that now even though it's still a month away it's finally feeling close.
GUESS WHAT?

Tomorrow, SLTL is getting inked!!! A few of us (ahem) pledged to have a drink in her honor tonight.

Let's all wish her an easy inking!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
GUESS WHAT?

Tomorrow, SLTL is getting inked!!! A few of us (ahem) pledged to have a drink in her honor tonight.

Let's all wish her an easy inking!
Here is to easy inking!

:drinkbeer:burp::drink2tha

Latest Discussions