Elementary education teachers

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm the new Technology Aide at an under developed elementary school. Unfortunately most of the teachers are lacking in their computer skills. The most common request I'm getting is for an electronic grade book program.
Can anyone here direct me to a free software application, Excel file, or Access file with the basic forms already created? I'm pretty savvy with both MS applications but I do not want to reinvent the wheel, if you catch my drift.
Oh yeah, I would need both PC and MAC formats.
Thanks for your help!
~G

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm the new Technology Aide at an under developed elementary school. Unfortunately most of the teachers are lacking in their computer skills. The most common request I'm getting is for an electronic grade book program.
Can anyone here direct me to a free software application, Excel file, or Access file with the basic forms already created? I'm pretty savvy with both MS applications but I do not want to reinvent the wheel, if you catch my drift.
Oh yeah, I would need both PC and MAC formats.
Thanks for your help!
~G

It's not free - but my building uses Integrade Pro, and has for several years. One of the nice things about is that we also use SASI/ClassXP for attendance and grades, and data can be exported from Integrade to SASI for report cards.

I would talk to someone in your district - whoever is in charge of technology - and see what is already available. Many districts have site licenses available for products already in use in the district, and that will be cheaper than anything else. Free products are often not supported and/or are missing key features.

In addition, my district has a very specific policy about freeware and any other software not approved by the district - it is strictly forbidden, due to concerns about spyware, malware, and viruses. You really need to find out what is available and allowed in your district - it may already be there, or you may find something that you can't use on school computers - either way, you really need to talk to someone at the district level about what is available already, and what the parameters are for loading non-district purchased/approved software on district computers.