reputation weirdos

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i just wanted a place to complain but someone has a personal vendetta against me. they give me bad hits and say weird things on the post were i'm supporting others. its weird but does anyone else have that going on?

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. There are people who use/abuse the rep point stuff all over the place. If they don't have the stones to say it publically, form their response in a cogent or rationale way, or offer anything of substance to the topic of discussion, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you contact the admins they can look into it if it feels like harassment or abuse.

I still think rep points are just a waste of time. Those who 'need' it will inflate their buddies and abuse their 'enemies' with it, but in the end it rewards the person and doesn't reward the topics/issues.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson.. I don't think this is appropriate in the locker Room, but will leave it for the time being.. if it erupts .. I will pull the post. That Said..

If you are a Sponsoring Member ...You can disable your reputation points in the user CP.
The Reputation points when used negatively can be taken to heart.. or shrugged off. Just like back in school... whispering behind backs.. nonsense written on bathroom walls.. it stems from jealousy, spite, misunderstandings, and downright meaness or in some cases.. It's the opposite and may have been warranted~! In the cyber world.. when there's a button to poke and remain anonymous (so most of the members think they are.. not realizing the Mods can see who posted what .. rep-wise..) they will continue to poke the buttons..
So sponsoring members.. have 2 choices.. Disable it.. or suck it up and ignore it..

If you are not a sponsoring member, don't let it 'get to you'.. Not everyone is going to agree with what we say.

~Tess
-MT S. MOD-

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i guess i really don't mind... the only thing is i have friends on here that would love for me to read red/or lame so they can trash on me in the "real world". anyway i guess thats the only reason why i care.
re: wrong thread... sorry i didn't know where else to post it.
peace

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best place for stuff like this is the Support Forum.

Valid concerns, and like Paul said - If you're feeling harassed we can look into it. We have issued warnings, removed comments and 'reversed the charges' in a few cases.

Supporting members can disable the feature, plus get some other perks for a buck a month basically.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For what posts in what threads have you recently gotten bad rep points?

Where they in heated threads? Was you opion diffrent from the majority ?
Just questions so I can gauge where and why you got hit

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it's a weird system too. I just wish that if they are going to have it that it's required you leave who you are, and the reason for the negative view.

I asked a question one time about something and got negative feedback for just asking if someone had heard of the guy. Of course no name or why they gave negative feedback for it.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I got a negative rep point from someone who didn't like my "political" views.

So? I wasn't argueing..just said something he didn't like.
I have noticed one thing though....This is primarily a MA forum and the person in question seems to be more interested in political rhetoric than MA.
Which is fine.....But this NOT a political forum only.
That is it for me on my venting....
icon12.gif

and ya know what...............I'm still here with MORE good points than bad
icon10.gif

Don't sweat it dude!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got a neagtive point from someone who didnt like the school organization I belonged to.

Whatever.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Supporting members can disable the feature, plus get some other perks for a buck a month basically.
In other words, It's the admin doing it as a sales tactic to pay for the bandwidth :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm.....never thought of that...... (has idea now...) :)
Naw, it's too time consuming and detracts from holding my nephew upside down and shaking him til his lunch money falls outta his pockets.

Hey....an uncle needs a living. :D

Latest Discussions