Tai Chi and Self Defense

chi-ca

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I am currently looking for another teacher, and I think I have found one, but it will be a four-hour drive.

Xue Sheng-
I don't know where you live but if you're near Washington, DC there is an excellent taiji teacher at the US Wushu Academy. Christopher Pei teaches both Yang and Chen styles. He has studied with Yang Zhen Ji and Yang Zhen Duo (2nd & 3rd sons of Yang Chen Fu) as well as Chen Zheng Li and has a very strong interest in teaching taiji as a martial art. Students practice applications and drills. He is definately part of your 5%.

Battousai - Christopher Pei also teaches in the UK once or twice a year (I believe East Winds has trained with him). If you're interested, you can contact Coach Pei through www.uswushuacademy.com

Chi-ca

OP
T

TheBattousai

Thanks chi-ca, but I live in Kentucky and not the UK (but if he visits here or I take a trip to DC, I may look him up). Fortunetly, I have a master instructor in Tai Chi, specificly Tsung Shi Tai Chi, that teaches it as a martial art. Although I would like to see some other styles of Tai Chi, just to broaden my overall understanding of it. Thanks again for the contact chi-ca.

chi-ca

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
TheBattousai said:
Thanks chi-ca, but I live in Kentucky and not the UK (but if he visits here or I take a trip to DC, I may look him up). Fortunetly, I have a master instructor in Tai Chi, specificly Tsung Shi Tai Chi, that teaches it as a martial art. Although I would like to see some other styles of Tai Chi, just to broaden my overall understanding of it. Thanks again for the contact chi-ca.

Doh! Sorry about that. I guess I got the "UK" from Tony's post and it stuck in my pitiful memory.

Chi-ca

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Chi-ca,

Yes you are correct. I train with Coach Pei on his visits to the UK. He is definitely one of the 5%!!!!!!

Regards

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

Latest Discussions