Taekwondo + Judo combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I never offered anything, you assumed i did. however i could be his Grand master
Well you said you could teach it all. I didn’t assume anything. I was asking for clarification. You said something that implied as much.

How is it that you could be his grandmaster?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
why waste time on 2 styles when i can teach you it all . Why pay 2 schools ?

You wrote and quoted above
why waste time on 2 styles when i can teach you it all. why pay 2 schools?

Let us dissect that sentence.
"Why waste time on 2 styles" - Please see some of my points listed below.

Well for a lot of reasons.
1) Fun
2) Meeting people
3) Finding people you connect with
4) Finding an art you also connect with.
My personal reason) e.g. I was told by a TKD and Hapkido High ranking Dan (Titles of GM were used around him) and I asked if I could rent his school for some training. I would bring in my equipment, carry my own insurance, provide waivers from his school and my school to him for all students and guest, and it would be used on a day (Sunday) that it was never open. No Advertisement except for my website. He listened and then got angry and said he could teach Stick techniques that were better than any FMA could why would he expose his students to me? When he could do better. I explained the above (again) .
His point was that anyone that walked through his front door was his student and it was lost money (See discussion about paying him rent).
He was angry as "I could teach it all!" he said.
As a guest I got up and said quietly, that I was leaving and sorry to have bothered him.
I then said I would be down the plaza at a sub shop ordering a Sub if he wanted to continue the discussion outside of his school where I had walked in to discuss business in a professional manner.
He was shocked, and I smiled and left. Got in my vehicle and moved it three units down and walked into the Sub Shop. He was still standing in his doorway when I came out and left.
One may never know what their instructor can and cannot do without testing outside and or cross training.
One may not know their instructor's habits or business policies in relationship to others, without investigation.

"when i can teach you it all ."
You answered your own question which is fine.
I - means the poster which would be you MasterChu
Can teach combined with I - states that you can teach
also combined with You
means that you can teach the person you are responding too
and by it all this is where any assumptions could be made.
It could be TKD + Judo
Or it could be everything - all techniques - every system - not what I would expect so I "assumed" the realistic option based upon inference of the topic of the thread.

Why would you post this and then the follow up to the questions that you did not say you could teach them yet you could be their grandmaster?

Curious poster - very interested.
Also if English is your second language could you provide the first language and the line you meant to write and I can use a translator program .

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can you please show respect to a Grand Master 棋圣
So, you are a chess player?

One of the first tenants of Martial arts is humility. Without humility there is no martial arts...
When someone calls himself sensei or grand master, the word humility just doesn't exist in his dictionary.

MasterChu

White Belt
Reaction score
So, you are a chess player?

When someone calls himself sensei or grand master, the word humility just doesn't exist in his dictionary.
I can invite you to meet me if you want, no charge & i will show you.
PM me with your details, who you are & your experience.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can invite you to meet me if you want, no charge & i will show you.
PM me with your details, who you are & your experience.

Can we me meet in a neutral state where neither of us has family or friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions