Taekwondo Included in 2011 European and 2013 World Masters Games

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
“We are happy to announce that taekwondo has been put on the official program of the Masters Games starting with the 2013 European Masters Games,” said IMGA CEO Holm. “Given taekwondo’s high educational aspect and popularity around the world, taekwondo’s inclusion in the Masters Games will create a high synergetic effect on both the WTF and the IMGA.”

WTF President Choue said, “Poomsae’s inclusion in the Masters Games will further promote taekwondo, especially poomsae. For the WTF, it is another feat following poomsae’s inclusion in the 2017 Universiade and the 2013 Mediterranean Games.”

It is only for Poomsae and I would hope that USAT would participate in this program for the Sport Poomsae program.

I wonder if David A would know anything about this? Will he?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is only for Poomsae and I would hope that USAT would participate in this program for the Sport Poomsae program.

I wonder if David A would know anything about this? Will he?
[/i]

Come on the answer is no, David would not know his backside from his front if it was not for the zipper.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Come on the answer is no, David would not know his backside from his front if it was not for the zipper.

While there are days I totally agree with you, based on my experiences with David - there will be a team. However, since USOC does not pay for poomsae, the competitors had best be prepared to pay their own expenses to go.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
While there are days I totally agree with you, based on my experiences with David - there will be a team. However, since USOC does not pay for poomsae, the competitors had best be prepared to pay their own expenses to go.

And stay in the appointed hotels? :D

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And stay in the appointed hotels? :D

He doesn't even care that much. In 2008 he swore to me that he had paid the entry fees for the team in Turkey. Swore to me that he had handled all he could and it wasn't his fault. TWO MONTHS after they get back, I find out that he didn't pay the entry fees (supposedly because he didn't know where to send them and the Turks wouldn't return his calls). The team was lucky that one of the members spoke Turkish as they were not going to be allowed to compete, entries sent in late, no money, no nothing. They had to pass the hat to pay them. They were screwed six ways from Sunday but it WASN'T DAVID'S FAULT.

Hint - I need a USAT T-shirt that says It's Not David's Fault. He didn't even tell me that the payment wasn't made. I was telling people that he swore it was done and he couldn't even tell me that he hadn't done it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Damn, he makes Brownie look good! :lol:

I mean, screw up, that's fine, but lie about it and being a coward...sheesh.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
....... The team was lucky that one of the members spoke Turkish as they were not going to be allowed to compete, entries sent in late, no money, no nothing. ......

Yes, thank goodness for our friend, the ever-diplomatic Master Southwick! Gentleman, athlete, and scholar!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Considering Turkish is not a language often offered as foreign tongue.

but you know, you can make yourself that T shirt with little effort! Ah, what the heck, go all out and put it on cafehouse press! :D

Latest Discussions