Tae-Kwon-Do

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, no, the Kukkiwon was founded by the KTA after they secured quite a lot of funding from both the government and the private sector.
The South Korean government has endorsed the KTA, and as such the Kukkiwon flavor of TKD is by far the most common in South Korea, but I don't think it's illegal to teach non-Kukkiwon TKD. As I recall, the South Korean government now basically controls the Kukkiwon, but that is a relatively recent development.
I don't know what you mean by "founded by order" to be honest.
Definitely not. Most of the Kwans still exist in limited form. Mostly historically and recreationally.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess simply treason. Why make it difficult

So now you're claiming that teaching ITF TKD in South Korea is treason? Seriously?
Come on, kid. Citation or retraction is the way to go here...

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So now you're claiming that teaching ITF TKD in South Korea is treason? Seriously?
Come on, kid. Citation or retraction is the way to go here...

No, old man. To align back then with General Choi was tantamount to treason.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, old man. To align back then with General Choi was tantamount to treason.
Does being TPOM mean so much to you that you are happy to repeatedly make yourself look utterly stupid? Because you are doing a Great job.

Dmitriy

White Belt
Reaction score
I took taekwondo since I was a teenager in the USA. Now, I take karate with sensei for about 9 years. I am a red belt in karate atm. Thanks for the support!

Latest Discussions