super 8: Military the bad guys, again?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
that would be a serious mistake on your part.

this story is real, and it is indisputable, regardless of what some people from across the pond like to crow off about. As if they have the slightest clue what goers on in Hollywood...

Two prominent Hollywood conservatives have quit the Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors, in response to remarks made by some Caucus members that they believe exposes a ‘liberal bias’ in Hollywood.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2011/06/conservative_blacklisting_in_hollywood.html

Another video rolling out soon has "House" creator David Shore acknowledging that "there is an assumption in this town that everybody is on the left side of the spectrum, and that the few people on the right side, I think people look at them somewhat aghast, and I'm sure it doesn't help them."

In the book, subtitled "The true Hollywood story of how the left took over your TV," Shapiro also tells anecdotes of bias against conservatives. One example is Dwight Schultz, best known for his roles as Murdock in "The A-Team" and Barclay in "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

The late Bruce Paltrow knew that Schultz was a fan of President Ronald Reagan. When Schultz showed up to audition for "St. Elsewhere," a show Paltrow produced, to read for the part of Fiscus, Paltrow told him: "There's not going to be a Reagan a--hole on this show!" The part went to Howie Mandel.

"Most nepotism in Hollywood isn't familial, it's ideological," Shapiro writes in the book. "Friends hire friends. And those friends just happen to share their politics."

http://forums.liveleak.com/showthread.php?p=1257852

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
this story is real, and it is indisputable, regardless of what some people from across the pond like to crow off about. As if they have the slightest clue what goers on in Hollywood...

Yeah it is not as if Tez is a Hollywood insider like you, with access to all those internet sites.

Crow off about? That was the most reasonable post in this whole thread, if there is a liberal bias in H-Wood , it makes not one whit of difference because no one is noticing.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
thats how propaganda works, you DONT KNOW you are being indoctrinated

DUH

and clearly people are noticing, just not the people already of leftist leanings

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
sarcasm, thy name is Jeff......

you sound like one of those AA jerks Jeff

"denial of a problem is the first sign of a problem"

I am the one that has woken up and realizes what is going on, Jeff. the fact that polls now state a healthy part of the population gets its news from JOHN STEWART shows that the propaganda is working on the sheep....

and you are smart enough to know that it's true, regardless of your natural tendancy to pooh pooh everything .........

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I guess the answer is simple Bill and Twin Fist, don't go to movies, change the channel.

I am not sure what the point of this is?

Would you like those alleged left wingers in Hollywood censored? My guess is probably , funny how those libertarian ideals are so quickly abandoned when you would like the government to impose legislation on other people. "I am all for small government until I need big government to control those that don't agree with me."

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
sarcasm, thy name is Jeff......

you sound like one of those AA jerks Jeff

"denial of a problem is the first sign of a problem"

I am the one that has woken up and realizes what is going on, Jeff. the fact that polls now state a healthy part of the population gets its news from JOHN STEWART shows that the propaganda is working on the sheep....

and you are smart enough to know that it's true, regardless of your natural tendancy to pooh pooh everything .........
'

Not "poh-pohing," just pointing out that if this

thats how propaganda works, you DONT KNOW you are being indoctrinated

DUH

is true, then how do you know you (and you, bill) haven't been indoctrinated by
right-wing propaganda?

You see how that works? :lfao:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
there is a trend among addicts to assume everyone is an addict, and when you say you aint, they proceed to tell you that you are just in denial

THAT is a jerk.............

and in HIRING for jobs, it is the LAW that you cant discriminate, did you forget that?

if people want to produce material with a slant, IN EITHER direction, thats fine, as long as the consumer can make an INFORMED decision wether or not to purchase that product.

THATS the problem

the slant is not publicized, because the critics and commentators on media by and large are slanted too.

that isnt right

people should be able and willing to put thier own views aside and review and comment on products from a neutral POV

journalists USED to do that. Critics as well. But no more.

the public suffers, and that isnt right.

please try to argue THAT Ramieriz......

by the way, LOVED you in the first highlander movie....

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
is true, then how do you know you (and you, bill) haven't been indoctrinated by
right-wing propaganda?

You see how that works? :lfao:

when one learns to recognize ONE, it makes you aware of the other, and I am smart enough to see it, but there isnt all that much right wing INmedia to promote and propaganda, in case you havnt noticed it ,,,,,it is the VAST minority in media in every field with the exception of AM talk radio

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score

I'm flattered John, but really not my thing, not that there is anything wrong with it. I fully defend your right to a man crush.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
btw Jeff
a man gets really sick of those little "laughing" emoticons

This man hasn't yet......little fellas crack me up every time...... I really dig the way they're synchronized.....
.....:lfao:.....:lfao:
:lfao:.....:lfao:.....
.....:lfao: ....:lfao:
.....:lfao: .....:lfao:
.....:lfao:......:lfao:
.....:lfao: .....:lfao:
:lfao:.....:lfao:......
.....:lfao:.....:lfao:
:lfao:.....:lfao:......
See? Hilarious.:lfao:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
you are easily amused, most often at the expense of others

No. I'm easily amused, and, yes, often at the expense of others-I'm most often amused, though, by things like puppets and frisbees and doggies and ducks and little children and Rube Goldbergs and dirty songs and optical illusions and petroglyphs and yo-yos and alcoholic concoctions and new recipes and bicycles and silly t-shirts and the Three Stooges and Mel Brooks movies and Richard Pryor and Jeff Dunham and Terry Fator and Sandy Becker and playing the guitar/piano/banjo/mandolin/harmonica/accordion/autoharp and my kids and Rita and Riita and Rita, though.....:lfao:

You, maybe once a quarter you amuse me, but hey, at least you try........
.....my patience. :lfao:

Being easily amused is one of the secrets to a longer life. Take it from a dying man.......:lfao:

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
and in HIRING for jobs, it is the LAW that you cant discriminate, did you forget that?

In hiring you are only unable to discriminate based upon seven protected categories. Political leanings are not one of those categories.

please try to argue THAT Ramieriz......

I have to admit, it was the first thing I thought of too...

highlander2.jpg

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
I actually my user name is based on my guitar, a Ramirez classical. I wouldn't make a pretense of being as cool as Sean Connery, I don't have balls that big, Twin Fist will be disappointed to know.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. C is indeed very cool ...as well as irascible and grumpy, for which I am thankful as it means I am in good company :D.

Latest Discussions