'sup everyone?

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I'm O'Malley.

I'm 19 years old, I live in Belgium and I feel guilty to post here while I should study for my law exams LOL

Currently, I don't practice any MA but I used to. My first contact with MA was as a kid during a Taekwondo camp where I learnt some basic kicks/locks, then I was taught the basics of Savate at school (I guess that's because my city has possibly got the worst reputation in the country hahaha).

I did Muay Thai, after one year of training I quit because they still hadn't taught me how to guard/clinch/knee/elbow (I guess it's because it's too dangerous to teach how to elbow when you don't require medical tests/insurance policies ^^")

I also did something called "Boxe de Rue", which means "street boxing". It's based on Savate and very SD oriented, all the instructors were security agents and they mixed it with Penchak Silat.

I've been recently training for one year in FMA/Kali Eskrima (Krishna Godharnia's Warrior Style) and among what I've tried so far, it's the system I like the most but I have to stop because it doesn't fit with my ****** college schedule.

Now here I am, looking for a MA to practice (after the exams of course) and ready to commit fully to the art I'm about to choose.

Nice to meet you! :D

PS: My mother languages are French and Italian, you're warned if you read an unusual expression in one of my posts :p

OP
O

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone :D

@arnisador: Yup, it is. I like the way savateurs use the tip of the foot (like when kicking the knee) because in a self-defense situation you can use your heavy boots to deal extra-damage to the attacker ^^

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, nice and varied experience, enjoyed Savate when I had the chance to train in it whilst working in France for a few years. Nasty hard leg kicks :)