Suggestions on youtube footwork for stick fight

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi

I want to practice more footwork with my cane fight, I looked on youtube. So far I found two video that looks interesting:

They both start with the triangle and go around and back and fore. Any other suggestion on videos?

I post here instead on FMA section because I use two hand swing instead of Arnis single handed. I looked at Tapado, but it's for longer stick, and it's a little different. I literally follow Arnis but swing with both hands and some Katana using much shorter cane than in Tapado. So I really don't know where I belong!!!

Thanks

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I kind of like the shillelagh stuff. To be honest.

Thanks

I tried do it the Irish stick fighting way, it's not comfortable bouncing off the forearm, if the angle is off, it doesn't bounce. More importantly, I use a cane, it really doesn't work changing hands like the Irish stick, which is the big part of it. You have to have a straight stick to do that, my cane have a hook on one side. I really gave it a try, didn't work.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have been trying from this video, it has more than the other two, I like this one.

The more I learn, the more I feel the footwork is more important. FMA Kali footwork seems to be very good. I looked at Japanese sword footwork, it's very stiff. I really feel FMA deserves more recognition.

Latest Discussions