success series how to be more successful in martial arts

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well actually i have moved on and you know i really don't like doing the wrong thing i don't know why i shouldn't stand up for someone being bullied and not tell on a teacher or call the police. all i ever wanted was to be a martial arts instructor so i can not only empower children and teens with martial arts but give them the ability to defend themselves physically and verbally. i also want to remove politics so i can stop the cycle of hatred as long as we live there will never be eternal peace and if there was a etenal peace then i would sieze it. you know hate is what creates bullies and child abusers in this world. i wish i could put an end to war, we should be fighting the war on bullying and poverty not the war in another country. the only way we as martial artist can make that eternal peace a reality is if we together educate people that there's good and evil in this world.
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
well actually i have moved on and you know i really don't like doing the wrong thing i don't know why i shouldn't stand up for someone being bullied and not tell on a teacher or call the police. all i ever wanted was to be a martial arts instructor so i can not only empower children and teens with martial arts but give them the ability to defend themselves physically and verbally. i also want to remove politics so i can stop the cycle of hatred as long as we live there will never be eternal peace and if there was a etenal peace then i would sieze it. you know hate is what creates bullies and child abusers in this world. i wish i could put an end to war, we should be fighting the war on bullying and poverty not the war in another country. the only way we as martial artist can make that eternal peace a reality is if we together educate people that there's good and evil in this world.
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actually, I advised you to call the police or call a teacher instead of getting involved yourself. While I do understand that you have a strong desire to help people, especially those that're being bullied, you need to understand that getting physically involved, could turn out bad for you, meaning the bullies could start attacking you.

But in the end, nobody can tell you what you do. All people can do is offer advise. Its up to you to be responsible for your own actions.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
your right its like that spinderman thing when there's great power there comes great responsability. you know i am really strong especially helping people its just that aduilts should handle aduilt problems and we should handle our own problems. you know i know it would make me bad as a martial artist to just injure the bully. you know its just sometimes i want revenge against them but then there's a part of me in my heart that tells me to not give in to hate and anger because that's just what the bully want's instead i should laugh at them for being so stupied when their words won't even have no effect on me. you know i think you made me realize the downside of revenge is that your going to have karma that hounts you. you know teens at my school just like to watch fights and they think its cool to watch some other student get beat up its like come on now this is not the karate kid. you know im really 16 years old and i said that because i didn't really want to think well he's just another imature teenager well the people who said that got it all wrong. you know im a sophemore at amarillo high and i don't have a car because i believe my martial arts is more important then having a car.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
your right its like that spinderman thing when there's great power there comes great responsability. you know i am really strong especially helping people its just that aduilts should handle aduilt problems and we should handle our own problems. you know i know it would make me bad as a martial artist to just injure the bully. you know its just sometimes i want revenge against them but then there's a part of me in my heart that tells me to not give in to hate and anger because that's just what the bully want's instead i should laugh at them for being so stupied when their words won't even have no effect on me. you know i think you made me realize the downside of revenge is that your going to have karma that hounts you. you know teens at my school just like to watch fights and they think its cool to watch some other student get beat up its like come on now this is not the karate kid. you know im really 16 years old and i said that because i didn't really want to think well he's just another imature teenager well the people who said that got it all wrong. you know im a sophemore at amarillo high and i don't have a car because i believe my martial arts is more important then having a car.
Eggg... Everyone runs into problems that they cannot handle themselves. I'm a police officer; I wouldn't think of going into many situations alone. That's why I have partners and a radio.

You're still a kid. There's nothing wrong with asking for guidance, help, or intervention from an adult. You seem to like Spiderman; so do I. But Spiderman can't do it all alone. In each of the movies, and regularly in the comics, he needs to get someone's help along the way, right? So there's no reason why you shouldn't be willing to ask for help, too.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

And of course, as I said before, just because someone trains in the martial arts, it doesnt give us special powers, nor does it make us unbeatable.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know my martial arts is the only thing that makes me happy and the desire to learn self defence over time. i may be a kid but im not stupied and i have good vocabuary and i can make diffucult decison's then the people at my school could. i would do anything to protect my couson from harm i would even risk my life to save my couson from a gunmen or a knife welder. im not afread of anyone with a gun or knife because im willing to get shot or stabbed just to protect someone dear to me. you know no other teenager has more expirence or could risk their own life to protect someone dear to them. you know im willing to take that risk and i know its not easy and usually scary but im willing to go so far to protect someone dear to me and thats my martial art way is that i never go back on my word by not giving up even in a life or death situation.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
you know my martial arts is the only thing that makes me happy and the desire to learn self defence over time. i may be a kid but im not stupied and i have good vocabuary and i can make diffucult decison's then the people at my school could. i would do anything to protect my couson from harm i would even risk my life to save my couson from a gunmen or a knife welder. im not afread of anyone with a gun or knife because im willing to get shot or stabbed just to protect someone dear to me. you know no other teenager has more expirence or could risk their own life to protect someone dear to them. you know im willing to take that risk and i know its not easy and usually scary but im willing to go so far to protect someone dear to me and thats my martial art way is that i never go back on my word by not giving up even in a life or death situation.

Spoken like someone who has never been in a situation where they might be stabbed or shot.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoken like someone who has never been in a situation where they might be stabbed or shot.

Aye stamp on a lad's good intentions, his dreams and his aspirations. He's an idealist and we need idealists, he is also unusual in that he means what he says how ever much you may scoff.
I daresay the cynics will have a field day with a young man's innocently expressed words but I find it refresshing to be honest.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Aye stamp on a lad's good intentions, his dreams and his aspirations. He's an idealist and we need idealists, he is also unusual in that he means what he says how ever much you may scoff.
I daresay the cynics will have a field day with a young man's innocently expressed words but I find it refresshing to be honest.
Idealism is wonderful, and to be encouraged, no doubt. However when it is on a thread that poster has started, geared towards providing newbies with "solid" information based on the poster's experience level(more than a rank beginner, much less than most who are actually responding), suggesting that he would take a bullet for someone else is inappropriate. NOT THE STATEMENT ITSELF, but it's inclusion on this thread. Dying is not how to succeed in martial arts.

PS Doesn't innocence suggest a lack of experience?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idealism is wonderful, and to be encouraged, no doubt. However when it is on a thread that poster has started, geared towards providing newbies with "solid" information based on the poster's experience level(more than a rank beginner, much less than most who are actually responding), suggesting that he would take a bullet for someone else is inappropriate. NOT THE STATEMENT ITSELF, but it's inclusion on this thread. Dying is not how to succeed in martial arts.

PS Doesn't innocence suggest a lack of experience?

Eggg has said before he's not aiming this at people with experience. He's a young chap who has been badly bullied and wishes to make something good happen out of that, he has a probably romantic idea of what martial artists are but young people are like that, when we are young we want to believe in heroes and of being heroic. Eggg is no different, he wants to be something more than he is. The way he phrases things makes it perhaps difficult to understand him and perhaps these days his ideas are considered old fashioned, after all it's all about 'self' now. All he means is that he would give his life for others, over dramatic perhas but then again I know many people who also believe the same and have put their money where their mouth is in the past few months.

Eggg is perhaps what we all were at his age, and sadly perhaps we've grown out of and become cynical, world weary and we don't dream of being the 'good guys' anymore.

Whether he gives good advice or not you can argue about but no one is perfect in that respect. He's young, willing to learn and wants to do the right thing. We can guide him smiling perhaps at what we've left behind.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
there's gray too you know i was not severely bullied but i was peer pressured by these girls who discovered i didn't cuss and i said a few cuss words and they just laughed at me and that gave birth to my hatred towards those girls or anyone else that is a minipulative teen. i was minipulated by those girls and ever since i never felt the same intil i sttod up for myself against these buys who made me feel uncomferable which i finally gained my self esteem and confidence back.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peer pressure happens to everyone whether they think it or not and it happens to all ages. It's a natural thing for humans to want to fit in with other people, it takes experience and confidence to walk your own path. Look at everything as a chance to learn from it and to gain experience. Don't beat yourself up about things, think instead that next time you will have the confidence to ignore people like this.

Think about those girls and I think you will find they were exerting peer pressure on each other as well as you, what would have happened if one of those girls had said no to the others? I suspect each of them were scared to not do what the others wanted because they didn't want to be 'left out' or bullied themselves and I bet too that each of them knew they were wrong. Don't hate these girls, feel sorry for them because unlike you they will remain in that pattern of behaviour until they realise what they are doing and the people they are doing the real harm to are themselves, as they will never grow as people.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know that really touched my heart. you know i bet those girls were insucure about themselves but wait they have lived in the place i just moved to longer then i have. you know i will always say no to bullying and peer pressure. i have gotten stronger and more confident in myself which will empower me to help others who have been in the same place that i have been. its just high school, drama, popularity, and all that stuff that doesn't even matter to me. you know as a martial artist i only want the best for myself, family, and others who are close to me. i don't understand when someone is joking or making fun of me that is why i take alot things seriously. i do have some sense of humor but usually that's when im motivated or happy.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One way people make themselves feel better is to make someone else miserable. It's the wrong way to do it but sometimes they don't know how to stop themselves.

I think if we were to imagine being in a foreign country and not being able to speak the language or know what body gestures mean we wouldn't know whether people were making fun of us or joking either. It's very difficult to know what to do when you don't understand the people around you. I think we would have to assume that people aren't making fun of us and we'd try to be polite.
I don't care if people make fun of me to be honest, we have a saying here 'if they are laughing at me they are leaving someone else alone', so laugh away, it doesn't bother me.

I find the American sense of humour different from ours a lot of the time!

Latest Discussions