Street fight

hwarang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
You make it sound as if they teach you the best techniques because you are going to teach, and are holding back things from other students.

I certianly hope that is not the case, because as my friend would say,

"That ***** just MESSED up."
nah dude its not like that at all they have a order that they teach stuff in which i was on until he offered me a job , now they teach me ALL the time thats whyat i mean im there ALL the time so i learn ALL the time so i get alot more in then the people thatt show up a day or two

hwarang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Mark L said:
Your profile indicates less than a year of training and you're causing your friends to pass out with a knee to the back of the neck? At a drinking party? What did you do then (besides the ridiculous reference to gettting laid)? Do you know what to do with an unconcious victim? Was your teacher proud of you?

This is not an impressive story at all. If true, you exercised quite poor judgement. Sounds like you're many, many lessons away from being qualified to teach.
first off .. i wasnt drunk, second off my uncle is a cop so its not like my teacher talk me that, he just showed me how to get out ofthe way of a punch and put someone down, and third i have my card in CPR and Defibrilation, so even IF he did pass out he would of been fine thank you very much

ps: just because ive been taking formal classes for a half year means nothing about beforre that ive always been physically active and grew up with 2 older brothers i can look out for myself

OP
C

chris...

hwarang said:
my uncle is a cop so its not like my teacher talk me that, he just showed me how to get out ofthe way of a punch and put someone down
hwarang said:
they teach me sweet stuff. I ended up doing a spinning twist the wrist movement (common in my art
now im confused, did you use sweet stuff or real life stuff
hwarang said:
card in CPR and Defibrilation
thats very usfull, even without the defib machine

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
sayoc FF said:
Are you sure that he wasn't passed out after he just got laid & it was then that you put your knee on his neck ? You sound like your full off **** Edited to conform to MT's profanity Filter:whip: You then went out & got laid WOW thats really cool !!!! Did you get in anymore fights that night?

P.S. just having some fun :partyon:

Frank
Aw, let the "kid" have his fanatasies

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
hwarang said:
first off .. i wasnt drunk, second off my uncle is a cop so its not like my teacher talk me that, he just showed me how to get out ofthe way of a punch and put someone down, and third i have my card in CPR and Defibrilation, so even IF he did pass out he would of been fine thank you very much

ps: just because ive been taking formal classes for a half year means nothing about beforre that ive always been physically active and grew up with 2 older brothers i can look out for myself
So from all of this previous wisdom, why take up martial arts?

hwarang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
because it intrests me ... but yea i didnt hurt him its not wehat you guys are making it out to be if i didnt do something he was gonna **** me up real bad its not like i was looking for a fight

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Aw, let the "kid" have his fanatasies
coolyellow.gif
LOL !

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
hwarang said:
because it intrests me ... but yea i didnt hurt him its not wehat you guys are making it out to be if i didnt do something he was gonna **** me up real bad its not like i was looking for a fight
You should have 360 kicked him...:erg:

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
my words were slightly twisted... I didn't say that there weren't some people who shouldnt be taught some things... but as a general rule I think you should teach what you know unless you have a reason not to... But reading the comments thay hwarang has made its a moot point anyway. I have no reason to believe anything he's said at all anymore.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Full of unrestrained enthusiasm or joy"

???

what are you going on about?

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ive had to use it on the street mort times than I would like to remember. I moved around alot do to my Step Fathers profession and was always the New Kid on the block... My Martial Arts training has saved my back side more times than I like. I try to Walk away or talk away Like I'm sure most good martial artist do but I held Jobs in Security in Clubs and different venues and was forced to defend myself several times. Also I work as a Professional Body Guard and Executive Security so there are times on the job that people like to get near a client or during shows getting on stage and someties things get out of hand.

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
BruceCalkins,
My Martial Arts training has saved my back side more times than I like
Mate no offense I find this funny, You have had your a#s served to ya!! with all your Martial arts training.( LOL)

All good
Cheers

OP
O

OC Kid

I have used it before and have been successful. However I feel now looking back that I failed as a MA in using it. There could have been other ways of dealing with the situation.
The most success I have had is when both of us were able to go home to our friends and family with a story to tell.

CMS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if it qualifies as "fighting skills," but I've used my Ukemi-waza many times on the streets. (Usually in the winter, when it's icy). It's the most useful thing I've learned in the martial arts. It's a shame it's not taught as commonly as it used to be. Gravity is a lot more agressive than most people, and ruthless too.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
OC Kid said:
I have used it before and have been successful. However I feel now looking back that I failed as a MA in using it. There could have been other ways of dealing with the situation.
The most success I have had is when both of us were able to go home to our friends and family with a story to tell.
The best success either remaining calm and not get into physical conflict, or not being there in the first place.

The "blessing" is able to go home to our friends and family with a story to tell.

Latest Discussions