Storm Damage In My Area

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Few days ago the south was hit by a series of major storms. We (in Chattanooga, TN) got some of it as well. Other places south of us in Georgia and Alabama were hit very hard, as one report from a person I know told me Ringgold GA got flattened. I've yet to get over there to see the damage for myself (as I have friends in the area).
Where I live we had a tornado and though it was brief it did cause quite a bit of a ruckus and damaged a few homes and businesses. Power was out for 3 days here and just now got turned back on.
My next door neighbor had a 50 foot tall Pecan tree take up temporary residence in her kitchen and neighbors behind our house ended up with a tree in their living room. Our maple tree was damaged but only the tops broke off and landed on the side of the house causing minimal damage.
Pics below should tell the story.
First four pics are the damage(s) to our home...
Next four is the pecan tree that landed on our next door neighbor's house
The remaining is the area within a mile of my house.

Attachments

• $2011 STORM 001.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 93
  • $2011 STORM 003.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 96
  • $2011 STORM 008.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 93
  • $2011 STORM 012.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 100
  • $2011 STORM 016.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 98
  • $2011 STORM 019.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 98
  • $2011 STORM 023.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 96
  • $2011 STORM 028.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 98
  • $2011 STORM 045.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 96
  • $2011 STORM 048.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 94

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There goes the Pecan harvest for this year....

(that's a big F....... tree! :eek:)

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There goes the Pecan harvest for this year....

(that's a big F....... tree! :eek:)
Well there were TWO pecan trees in that yard... two years ago one of them blew down and last year there were very FEW pecans due to the lack of sex between the two trees... so now... no pecans at all. It did produce quite a bit of nuts when it was productive. However being on a slope as it was it was bound to come down sooner or later. But yeah it was a big tall tree.
Wish I knew of a mill nearby or something... all that wood is going to waste sadly.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well there were TWO pecan trees in that yard... two years ago one of them blew down and last year there were very FEW pecans due to the lack of sex between the two trees... so now... no pecans at all. It did produce quite a bit of nuts when it was productive. However being on a slope as it was it was bound to come down sooner or later. But yeah it was a big tall tree.
Wish I knew of a mill nearby or something... all that wood is going to waste sadly.

man, too much wood down these days (mills don't like trees out of back yards, too big a chance to find the wayward nail that tears the machines up)

keep a few pieces for BBQ...I hear it makes good firewood, too.

(lol, tree sex)

I hope the rabbit wasn't home.... :eek:

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
(lol, tree sex)

I hope the rabbit wasn't home.... :eek:

Well THAT'S what it is... :rolleyes:

No bunnies have lived in that hutch for a long long time... couple of squirrels had fun with it though ... but now they'll have to find a new playground.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everybody OK is the important thing. We had a couple huge pecan trees in our backyard when I was living in NC. The first year was great - the years after that, the squirrels took over and they loved to throw down pecan shells on the dogs and watch them go nuts. Such fun.

Latest Discussions