Stop this monster with gun control...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If he had no access to guns. That would have worked. If you can jump to conclusions I can equally. :D

You nailed it in the last sentence, some people with a certain disposition for violence may be attracted to these type of activities, D&D, Black Ops, Guns, Chewing Gum. I don't believe there is any conclusive evidence that these activities actually cause people to "go mental". The D&D fad of complaints was generally fueled by religious agenda's.

They have replaced D&D with Black Ops and GTA these days. The people with "anti-social" behaviour already, and likely drawn to these items, but the have the thought process already.

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that millions of people are "mentally ill" and harm no one, ever, including themselves.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they aren't the problem...it is that tiny, tiny little percent that is the problem...and for that tiny, tiny percent, some want to disarm millions of law abiding citizens and leave them defenseless in the face of...that tiny, tiny percent of the dangerously mentally ill...and the hordes of criminals running around loose...

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that millions of people are "mentally ill" and harm no one, ever, including themselves.

I'm not saying mentally ill, "going mental" was a poor choice of words, I'm just saying people with ant-social tendencies. Or a pre-disposition to violence. There are plenty of people that are in this category that are not mentally ill.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Do you think the definition of "Mentally ill" is a little too vague? More mentally ill people harm others than legal gun owners. Why focus your angst on the gun owners?
You could become a gun owner much more easily than you could become mentally ill.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think the definition of "Mentally ill" is a little too vague? More mentally ill people harm others than legal gun owners. Why focus your angst on the gun owners?
You could become a gun owner much more easily than you could become mentally ill.

Do you mean harm others with the use of guns, or harm others in general?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In general...there are attacks by the dangerously mentally ill all the time...most recently pushing people in front of trains...and attacking people with knives and box cutters...

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In general...there are attacks by the dangerously mentally ill all the time...most recently pushing people in front of trains...and attacking people with knives and box cutters...

That would be very low compared to non-mentally ill that harm others though right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It would need to be looked into...and then you have to think is the person who comitts murder "mentally ill?"

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One example...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28/man-pushed-to-death-in-front-nyc-subway-train/

For New York City, it wasn't an unusual sight: a possibly mentally ill woman pacing and mumbling to herself on an elevated subway station platform.
The woman eventually took a seat on a bench Thursday night, witnesses later said. Then, without any warning or provocation, she sprang up and used both hands to shove a man into the path of an oncoming train.
As police sought on Friday to locate the unidentified woman, Mayor Michael Bloomberg urged residents to keep the second fatal subway shove in the city this month in perspective. The news of the horrific death of a 46-year-old man from India came as the mayor touted drops in the city's annual homicide and shooting totals.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28/man-pushed-to-death-in-front-nyc-subway-train/#ixzz2OEakirFn

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm not saying mentally ill, "going mental" was a poor choice of words, I'm just saying people with ant-social tendencies. Or a pre-disposition to violence. There are plenty of people that are in this category that are not mentally ill.

And of anti social people who are prone to violence, only literal handful commit these tragic murders.

Personally, I'd say that anyone who could murder like this is, by definition, mentally I'll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

That's actually not true, if you include accidental gun deaths, and gun related injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest Discussions