Gun control in Illinois...fails...hurrah!!!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, something to celebrate here in Illinois with all the flooding...gun control is defeated...by downstate democrats...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/18/IL-Dems-Revolt-Against-Gun-Control-Law

Democrats enjoy a supermajority in the Illinois House of Representatives, holding 71 seats to the GOP's 47. On Wednesday, the same day the US Senate voted down gun control legislation, powerful Democrat Speaker Michael Madigan tried to push a restrictive gun control measure through his chamber. The result was an open revolt by downstate Democrats, with almost half the Democrat caucus joining the GOP to kill the measure. The bill went down 31-76, a rare defeat for the legendary Madigan.

On Wednesday, Dem leadership in the House moved legislation that would put severe restrictions on concealed-carry permits. It would provide that local law enforcement officials "may issue" permits, a provision that would allow local officials to effectively deny citizens in a particular jurisdiction a permit. "Must issue" permits, as long as certain criteria are met, confirm more to our 2nd Amendment rights, as local officials are not given the power to deny the permits.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was listening to two guys on the radio tonight, one a gun grabber, one a gun nut. Trying to justify why the law were not passed.

they both sound like school kids arguing. Neither one of them appeared to have their facts right.

There is middle ground, just people in control are too selfish to work something out like adults.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Funny how "someone" on this forum keeps saying "90% of Americans want gun control". Yet the bills keep failing. Maybe its not quite 90% huh. Lol

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having followed the discussion here on the study...where do you think the middle ground is?

The middle ground is when proper representation on both sides come together and they work it out. And everyone accepts the outcome.

Definitely a pipe dream.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The middle ground is when proper representation on both sides come together and they work it out. And everyone accepts the outcome.

Definitely a pipe dream.
Some times you can't and shouldn't find a middle ground. Would you say we need a middle ground on say slavery? No it needs to be outlawed. Can you find a middle ground on gun control? No the 2nd amendment is clear to me.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some times you can't and shouldn't find a middle ground. Would you say we need a middle ground on say slavery? No it needs to be outlawed. Can you find a middle ground on gun control? No the 2nd amendment is clear to me.

True, when you put it in the same category like that. Trying to say, have clear agreeable representation on both sides. Then the result is accepted.

But I do understand what your saying, the subject shouldn't be at the table because it's already protected being an amendment.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Definitely a pipe dream.

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil. The man who is wrong still retains some respect for truth, if only by accepting the responsibility of choice. But the man in the middle is the knave who blanks out the truth in order to pretend that no choice or values exist, who is willing to sit out the course of any battle, willing to cash in on the blood of the innocent or to crawl on his belly to the guilty, who dispenses justice by condemning both the robber and the robbed to jail, who solves conflicts by ordering the thinker and the fool to meet each other halfway. In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit. In that transfusion of blood which drains the good to feed the evil, the compromise is the transmitting rubber tube.”

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt both sides have resolve, its a pipe dream for this cause.

If I was to place money, the gun grabbers you fear so much will win eventually.

Doesn't reflect my opinion, its just my prediction.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't doubt both sides have resolve, its a pipe dream for this cause.

If I was to place money, the gun grabbers you fear so much will win eventually.

Doesn't reflect my opinion, its just my prediction.

Unless they get shot...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gun grabbers have money too, and they can also vote...if their side had so much support they would have the money to buy those same politicians and make them fear for their offices if they didn't vote for gun grabbing policies...since they don't, it seems that those who support the rigth to keep and bear arms have the support that matters, the support that effects votes...

Latest Discussions